Oven cleaning help

(8 Posts)
Frozentinkerbelle1 Mon 12-Sep-16 17:32:45

Hi

Just wondered what products people use to clean out their oven.

Ours needs a good clean!!

Many thanks

Cassimin Mon 12-Sep-16 17:35:06

On here last week everyone was recommending dish washer tablet and boiling water.
I tried it and it worked.
Also the white sponges from pound land.

pinkieandperkie Mon 12-Sep-16 17:42:06

I am feeling very smug as I gave my oven it's yearly clean this morning. and it's not even christmas. I put the shelves in the bath and soaked them in bio washing powder and hot water. After a couple of hours it just easily comes off with Brillo pads. While the shelves were soaking I sprayed the whole oven with flash and let soak. I've got a silicon oven liner from Lakeland so all the burnt on crap just rinses away. I'm exhausted.

wowfudge Mon 12-Sep-16 18:35:40

I use Oven Pride. Stick the shelves in the bag overnight and that's most of the work done. I like a Stanley blade scraper for getting the softened dirt off the inside of the glass door.

ladylambkin Mon 12-Sep-16 18:38:01

I did mines today ..used Oven Pride put it on last night and cleaned this morning. I took the glass off the oven door and gave it a good scrub. I keep going through to look at it (sad I know)

DramaAlpaca Mon 12-Sep-16 18:39:23

Another vote for Oven Pride. It worked miracles on mine.

Frozentinkerbelle1 Mon 12-Sep-16 22:00:45

Thank you so much. Think I will do an oven pride in first instance and keep up with it by trying dishwasher tablets or washing powder.

mysterywoman22 Wed 14-Sep-16 00:13:21

Astonish is the only oven cleaner you will ever need it's simply the best. cleans our cooker right up and leaves it sparkly clean.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now