New duvet

(24 Posts)
SweetPeaPods Fri 09-Sep-16 22:13:39

I would like to replace all our pillows and duvet when we buy our new bed and mattress.
No idea where to start. I want luxurious but I don't want to break the bank. Should I wait for offers in January sales? Any recommendations?
The ones we are using now are just basic IKEA ones from my student days

SpeckledyBanana Fri 09-Sep-16 22:23:12

I got a really nice one from Ikea last month. It's the plumpfiest duvet I've ever owned.

wallybrains Fri 09-Sep-16 23:57:31

Are you going to be buying a king size or double bed? I found this set online am not sure if this is what your after, take a look and let us know what you think?

Thanks

elephantoverthehill Sat 10-Sep-16 00:01:29

My local Sainsbury's had duck feather duvets reduced yesterday. I was almost tempted to stock pile. They may be available on-line.

Haggard1 Sat 10-Sep-16 00:05:50

I love my silk duvet - it was indulgent but not break the bank IYKWIM? It's great if you have any allergies as dust mites stay away from silk, and I honestly think it regulates my temperature better than any other duvet (it's supposed to be kinder for your skin too). Worth considering IMO.

Squeegle Sat 10-Sep-16 00:12:24

Fog arty
Used by premier inn
And me
Excellent duvets

wowfudge Sat 10-Sep-16 08:40:27

We have a Fogarty - it's a two part one so you can remove a layer when it's hot and have both together when it's cold. I bought it from JustLinen.co.uk along with a mattress protector and a duvet cover.

80sWaistcoat Sat 10-Sep-16 08:42:54

Soak and sleep have some lovely stuff, I like the wool duvets. V light yet warm.

SweetPeaPods Sat 10-Sep-16 09:39:16

Oh will definitely look at sainsburys and Fogarty thanks!

hollyisalovelyname Sat 10-Sep-16 09:55:18

I was very disappointed with a silk duvet I bought.
It's very thin and flat and not at all 'snuggly' and certainly wasn't enough in the winter.
The silk is inside a cotton cover which you then put into a duvet. Perhaps if the cover was silk too and the duvet cover silk it might make a difference.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 10-Sep-16 11:17:29

Fogarty from dunelm mill. Topcashback usually do cashback for dm

hollyisalovelyname Sun 11-Sep-16 10:08:32

What's the difference in quality between Hungarian goose down, Canadian goose down and Siberian goose down ?

coolpotato Mon 12-Sep-16 13:09:47

www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-soft-touch-washable-duvet-10-5-tog/p443935

These duvets and pillows are gorgeous and not too expensive. They are SO soft and light, but very cosy and easy to tuck in around yourself in the colder months. The kids have them, and had we not paid a fecking fortune for our duvet from elsewhere, I would replace ours like a shot with the JL ones.

The kids ones can fit on the washing machine too - a quick tumble and they are as good as new.

evelynj Sat 17-Sep-16 22:15:06

Holly, they go up in expense in that order I believe.

We have Hungarian down I think, a summer one and a winter & it's my best ever splurge, like sleeping in a cosy cloud.

Bought dd a wool duvet from baavet, it is flatter than a normal duvet but I love it! Also love everything I've bought from soak & sleep

Iamdobby63 Sat 17-Sep-16 22:51:37

I love my Marks and Spencer super soft duvet.

mineofuselessinformation Sat 17-Sep-16 23:02:51

Homescape hotel luxury range on Amazon. Their rebound pillows are very good, and the duvets are drapey but not heavy.

DropZoneOne Sat 17-Sep-16 23:06:30

Soak and Sleep - online. Used to be duvet and pillow warehouse. We have goose feather pillows which are great. DD has a feather and duvet which feels thin but is toasty warm. Our down duvet is from M&S and hers is much nicer!

hollyisalovelyname Sun 18-Sep-16 08:43:50

Soak and Sleep Autumn promotion - 20% off with code AUTUMN20
You have to spend over £75 for it to be valid.

bouncydog Sun 18-Sep-16 15:37:36

Have a look in your local waitrose. I've bought several from there when they have been on offer. The ones I like have a very soft cover and drape beautifully and are very lightweight. They are very similar to the John Lewis ones but sold under the waitrose brand. We like these better than Hungarian goose down and the benefit is that they are so cheap that rather than take them to the cleaners for washing I just dispose of and buy another one!

EnidButton Sun 18-Sep-16 17:02:51

If you want feather and down the. I'd avoid John Lewis. The high tog one I bought from there was very thin and flat even after a few days of trying to air it and plump it up. Sent it back in the end.

The one that we have is from M&S, 80% new duck down, 20% new duck feather, 10.5 tog. (Just half pulled it out of the cover so I could tell you grin). It's the most plump, fluffy and soft duvet I've ever had. It's also very, very light but really warm. Love it and I'm a pain in the bum when it comes to bed stuff. Too fussy.

HemanOrSheRa Sun 18-Sep-16 18:16:28

Oooh. I have absolutely no idea about duvets but I just wanted to thank Drop and holly for the suggestion and voucher code for Soak and Sleep. We are gutting and decorating our bedroom and I've been searching the internet for decent, reasonably priced bedlinen. I've just ordered some gorgeous 600TC bedding at a bargainous price from Soak and Sleep! smile

ozymandiusking Sun 18-Sep-16 18:53:31

We have Spundown Duvets which are very light in weight, but so warm and cuddly. Just google for various suppliers. I can recommend these.

notarehearsal Tue 20-Sep-16 10:53:52

Ive bought amazingly good value ones from Argos for very little money. They're duck feather and down and although I'm sure you can get better quality they really are cosy and under £30 for double. They are the 'Living' range and I've also bought the pillows

OCSockOrphanage Thu 22-Sep-16 12:51:23

TK Maxx is worth looking at for duvets. Last winter they had some astonishingly upmarket down ones for high street money (well, same as Soak and Sleep).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now