My Dyson's packed up! What vacuum cleaner do you recommend?

(10 Posts)
sergeantmajor Wed 07-Sep-16 13:32:40

Just after our oven died, the vacuum cleaner has followed suit angry

It was a Dyson with a great dust filter which is important as I get dust allergies. I've also liked the fact that you don't need to replace the bag. On the downside, it's heavy to lug around, especially as we have lots of stairs.

I would really appreciate any recommendations, Dyson or otherwise.

wonderwoo Wed 07-Sep-16 13:54:49

I came on just now to ask the same question... except its my Vax that has packed up! Do you mind if I join in OP, rather than start another thread?

I was also wondering if those cordless vacuums are good enough has a main house vacuum cleaner, or do you still need a proper main vacuum? And are uprights better than cylinders?

sergeantmajor Wed 07-Sep-16 18:44:02

Be my guest wonderwoo!

rabbit123 Wed 07-Sep-16 19:14:48

Sebo x4! Absolutely the best I've used, including my parents £1000 Kirby!
Ours is a 21 year old hand down from my MIL. It's outlived a Dyson & a Miele.
It has s class hospital grade filters and sealable bags, so great for allergies. No dust gets out. Also very reliable & well built.

rabbit123 Wed 07-Sep-16 19:15:59

Forgot to mention, the bags on the Sebo's last for months! They're huge and fill from the top, so all the dust and hair gets compacted down inside it

PopFizz Wed 07-Sep-16 19:16:15

Miele. Miele hands down every time.

Shadowridge Wed 07-Sep-16 19:17:45

Miele - recommend a c3

MoonHare Wed 07-Sep-16 19:20:39

Maybe your Dyson can be revived? They will service for £79 and replace parts. If it needs a new motor it's an extra £20.

Depends on your budget.

Roseformeplease Wed 07-Sep-16 19:24:10

Henry. Used one in our pub and it lasted years of a lot of hoovering (every room, every day). I missed the Hoover more than the pub.

sergeantmajor Wed 07-Sep-16 19:44:52

Brilliant answers, many thanks, will start investigating...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now