How can I get nail varnish out of the carpet??

(11 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Anothernamechanger1 Sun 04-Sep-16 19:52:46

Thankfully it is clear nail vanish but about half a pot has slowly, in one spot, seeped into the carpet. I have tried nail varnish remover but the area is very hard and crusty feeling and a dark mark on a light carpet. Any ideas??

Tia

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Sun 04-Sep-16 19:54:37

Razor?

hollyisalovelyname Sun 04-Sep-16 19:54:49

Ask for this to be moved into The Housekeeping section

Anothernamechanger1 Sun 04-Sep-16 19:57:02

A razor?! There isn't anything to shave off? The carpet is a cheap polyester thin type carpet?

IonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 04-Sep-16 20:06:20

Hi folks. We're going to move this over to our Housekeeping topic now.

Anothernamechanger1 Sun 04-Sep-16 20:15:21

Thank you ionA

cressetmama Sun 04-Sep-16 20:21:53

Soak some kitchen paper in nail varnish remover and lay it over the spot. Leave it for 10 minutes. Blot with more kitchen paper, to remove the smell. Repeat, until the surface is clean/smooth enough that it's not visible. It will be better, if not perfect. Be grateful it wasn't blood red!

Anothernamechanger1 Sun 04-Sep-16 21:00:48

I'm very greatful it's not coloured! Iv already tried nail varnish remover that has helped but it is still there. I live in rented otherwise I wouldn't be too worried but it would be noticable when the room is empty?

Iamdobby63 Mon 05-Sep-16 10:12:55

Use pure acetone, problem with nail varnish remover is that it often has oils in it. Just keep dabbing with clean kitchen towel and it should come out.

NoFuchsGiven Mon 05-Sep-16 10:20:42

I would try THIS it is amazing stuff, one of the dc got chewing gum on my carpet and I tried everything for over a year to remove it and nothing worked. I got some of this and it literally wiped off.

wallybrains Mon 05-Sep-16 21:58:10

Acetone is your best option for getting the nail varnish out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now