Bin maggots!!! Argh!!!

(8 Posts)
clarityofthesweetvariety Thu 01-Sep-16 21:06:50

Ok so totally my own fault but I missed our fortnightly bin collection this week. Bin is full and u have to wait another fortnight, not a disaster until I open the bin and its teeming with tiny white maggots!!!! Tried neat bleach but they are still wriggling out the top, what do I do??? I need them to die because I can't deal with a maggoty bin for another fortnight!!!!

OhHolyJesus Thu 01-Sep-16 21:16:10

It's vile - several kettles later all dead. Best to deal with seal before they multiply. Ours started I think in kitchen bin as a house fly flew out of it before I out that bin bag in outside bin so I have a fly tape above kitchen bin now too.

OhHolyJesus Thu 01-Sep-16 21:16:34

Seal? ASAP I meant!

celeste83 Thu 01-Sep-16 21:21:35

How did they survive bleach? shock

clarityofthesweetvariety Sat 03-Sep-16 09:13:12

I don't know, they are awful! I will do the several kettles, you are right about the seal- hadn't though of that, thank you!

clarityofthesweetvariety Sat 03-Sep-16 09:15:08

My trousers didn't survive the bleach, if bleach gets caught in the breeze, it goes stringy and floats away... Who knew! Lesson learnt I now have pink stringy bleach marks across the crutch of my fave black trousers... Several lessons learnt there!

LucyLocketLostHerPocket Sat 03-Sep-16 09:24:15

Bin buddy for wheelie bins! It's amazing stuff, you just sprinkle into bins and stops everything. You used to be able to buy it in the supermarkets but now for some reason it's online only and quite expensive but worth it's weight in gold in warm weather.

celeste83 Sat 03-Sep-16 09:24:37

How did bleach get stringy and float? confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now