removal of soap scum from shower door glass

(9 Posts)
skeelo Tue 30-Aug-16 16:55:35

I know this isn't the most interesting of topics to write about but there is build of up soap scum on our shower door and i need to clean it off ASAP. I've tried scrubbing it off with warm water and a scrubber but to no avail? Can anyone help please.

ladydoer Wed 31-Aug-16 08:14:51

Try with a degreaser
I spray it, let it stay for like 20 mins, then scrub until it gets out

I've heard that, after you have those doors clean, you can rub a few drops of lemon oil on the doors and it keeps the soap water away. I always forget to do this after cleaning them though..

McBassyPants Wed 31-Aug-16 08:17:44

Dr Power Magic Eraser from JML. No scrubbing required. Then just use some glass cleaner afterwards

Chaby Wed 31-Aug-16 08:18:49

Washing up liquid, clean off and then wipe with vinegar

RoganJosh Wed 31-Aug-16 08:20:09

Is it definitely soap scum rather than limescale?

PigletJohn Wed 31-Aug-16 12:03:48

I find a bathroom cleaning spray. I think they are acidic to remove limescale and soapscum. Nothing else seems to remove the film left by shaving foam, which must be basically soap.

However glass does erode in time, if the marks look like a sort of "tarnish" on the surface of the glass I don't believe it can be cured.

SirChenjin Wed 31-Aug-16 12:05:49

Best thing ever is hot water, washing up liquid and a dry off with a karcher window vac.

JockMonsieur Wed 31-Aug-16 12:06:28

windowlene, an ecloth, and elbow grease
you've reminded me to do mine tonight.

weirdobeach Fri 02-Sep-16 14:13:26

Cillit Bang with a scrubber will get rid of the soap scum for sure. Just make sure you reguarly clean it after this to stop it building up again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now