Hand held vac recommendations

(11 Posts)
Mumstudentbum Thu 25-Aug-16 13:19:53

Ok so we've had a recent Hoover and cordless Hoover thread but in looking for a hand held.

Not wanting for much just to go over my shiney new sofa and generally attaching to Dd2 (6) backside as she walks and spills hmm lol

What do you recommend?

Tralala33 Thu 25-Aug-16 13:48:17

I have a Black and Decker one from Argos. Was about £30, not a miracle machine, but I only wanted it to hoover up after my toddler instead of having to lug the Hoover out over every little crumb. In that respect it's perfectly fine. It has a handy little charging thingy that can be hung on the wall or just sat on the side.

Tralala33 Thu 25-Aug-16 13:49:52

www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/1599187.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59157%7Ccid:596237456%7Cagid:30099225393%7Ctid:pla-207385105473%7Ccrid:94121942553%7Cnw:g%7Crnd:13157454116230963054%7Cdvc:m%7Cadp:1o4&gclid=CIaehZjN3M4CFaky0wodQ28JqA

softboiledeggs Thu 25-Aug-16 13:54:00

I bought one (sorry don't remember the brand) for about £50 but it wasn't great so ended up buying a dyson handheld couple of years ago and I still think it's great but a bit more pricy than some but they come with good guarantees etc

timetogetlucky Thu 25-Aug-16 15:55:23

I have a Qualtex 2 in 1 handheld vacuum cleaner and it's fantastic. It's bagless and compact and would be ideal for you.

coolpotato Thu 25-Aug-16 19:04:52

I have the Dyson hand held and it's been worth its weight in gold. It gets used everyday, for odd crumbs here and there (that you end up doing at the time because it's easy then lugging out the Hoover). It also came with a turbo bit which is fab at doing the stairs - literally 5 mins to do the stairs.

When it's fully charged you get a good 15 mins out of it, but if you're using it in 20 sec bursts it feels like it goes on forever. That said, I tend to have it plugged in when not in use so that it's always fully charged as its so annoying to use it and for it to run out halfway through a task.

It's expensive but it's been brilliant and is still in great nick after 3 years.

Honestly - they should give you one of these in your bounty bags after you give birth rather than all the other random crap! It's been a godsend with 2 toddlers.

Mumstudentbum Fri 26-Aug-16 08:43:17

Thanks for all the suggestions! I will look into them all. The black and decker looks ok

DP suggested a dyson but I'm not keen on them after having a few die I'm a full on Henry fan. Sadly henry is just too bulky to pull out all the time. Is the dyson really worth it?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 26-Aug-16 08:45:24

Dyson Animal- it's amazing especially for doing the stairs. You should see the crap that gets picked up even though I do then every other day!!

coolpotato Fri 26-Aug-16 09:30:03

I shopped around and got a good deal at the time, but it was still around £100 which is a lot compared to some of the other prices on here.

On my recommendation, my mum and MIL each bought one and rave about it. And my mum went on to buy one for my brother, so Dyson have done well out of us!

I've not tried another one so can't compare, I'm maybe raving about something that is actually the same as something half the price but the stair attachment is mega!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 26-Aug-16 09:38:32

I'm not keen in Dyson either but shipped around and read up a lit and the Dyson Animal is apparently the mist powerful handheld in the market and I wanted really powerful. I used tesco vouchers to bring the price down

ohidoliketobe Fri 26-Aug-16 09:46:46

We got this Black and Decker one
Black + Decker Wet and Dry Dustbuster, 4.8 Volt - Blue www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DAEYLR6/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_udaWxbQ7EWQGN
I didn't want to spend too much, just see if we used it and then maybe progress to something a bit pricier and sturdier (Dyson probably). It's been great. Charge isn't amazing but morw than enough to run over the worktops and around the kitchen table after meal times. Real test will be when it gets cold enough for the woodburner to be fired up,and see if it can deal with the wood shavings and soot that coat the hearth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now