How much arts & crafts stuff do you have for 4 yr old, what is it & where do you keep it?

(6 Posts)
Trickymoments Tue 23-Aug-16 13:40:33

I am trying to declutter but I am finding it hard as we just have so much stuff & not enough room to put it!

My DD is 4 & likes colouring and cutting & sticking, playdough etc. She does most of this kind of thing at nursery but we still have quite a bit at home & I just don't know the best way to store it.

Can anyone share what they do please?

Trickymoments Tue 23-Aug-16 13:43:43

We also have a box of paints, tubs of beads for necklace making, about 1000 colouring books & sticker books. She doesn't do any of it that often at home as i work but I just feel like I should keep it all to give her the option if she wants to. We just have so much clutter & stuff that hardly gets used!!

Sammysquiz Tue 23-Aug-16 14:17:23

We have one of these trolleys from Ikea and keep all craft stuff in it. I have lots of little tubs on it for pens, stickers, glue etc.

Trickymoments Tue 23-Aug-16 18:34:01

Sammy that looks a great idea but I wouldn't have room for the trolley.

Any other ideas welcome

Needfinsnow Tue 23-Aug-16 18:40:32

Keep ours in plastic boxes under her bed / under tab
E her dolls house is on. All paints in one. Brushes in a zip lock bag in there, playdough and cutters altogether in another (etc etc) my dd is 5 now and we do tons and tons of art and crafts and live in a tiny flat. I do draw the line at multiple colouring books though!! I chucked away toms recently, half done etc. Tore out any untouched pages / sticker pages which are in a folder to take out with us (for meals out etc). She has about 5 books left. Just trim the excess...half used paint that's gone dry etc..bin it! Or we often pour odds and ends into one tube for a mix up colour!!

SisterViktorine Tue 23-Aug-16 18:44:42

We also have the under-bed type storage boxes. Used to have two but I have recently consolidated it into one.

It's on a shelf not under the bed though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now