How do you clean your bathroom?

(4 Posts)
scheepjes Thu 18-Aug-16 12:05:07

I've somehow reached the age of 30-something without really learning to clean a bathroom... I know. They always seem to collect dust and limescale in every possible place and then I feel a bit icky about having to clean it all.

But just had a gorgeous new bathroom fitted and want to keep it gorgeous. So, tell me, how do you clean yours? Do you have a weekly routine? What products do you use?

(I know where I stand on the toilet brush issue, by the way, let's not even go there...)

My new bathroom has fully tiled walls, a bath with a screen, lino floor. I live on my own so no kids or partners using it.

MushyPeeeees Thu 18-Aug-16 12:11:54

To clean the shower and screen i stand in it, I just use fairy liquid. If the bathroom gets really steamy I use a karcher vac to dry the tiles and screen and they come up really nice. Also a bit of white vinegar sprayed onto the tiles and screen gives such a lovely finish. I do this about once a week. Bath and taps just lean over and clean. Again fairy liquid, try not to use anything too harsh if I can help it and if it's all cleaned often enough then it only needs a squirt of fairy liquid.
Same for the sink but I clean the sink most days as it always seems to attract dust and there's always toothpaste or soap left in it from one of the dc!
I steam clean the floor tiles once a week.
Toilet once a week has a good clean with Milton anti bac spray all over and wiped down with kitchen towels and some loo duck in the rim left for a few hours then scrubbed with the loo brush (sorry blush).
Usually wipe down the toilet a couple of times a week too as also seems to collect dust!

Heirhelp Fri 19-Aug-16 10:53:16

Once a week. I clear all the surfaces. Put on my rubber gloves and spray shower tray, bath, sunk and toilet with bathroom cleaner. Chuck some bleach down the toliet. The using a disposable blue cloth I clean all the things above, doing the toliet last. Use glass cleaner to clean the mirror and bathroom lid. Hoover floor and wash using mop.

Every few days I use cleaning wipes to clean the sink and the toliet. Occasionally when in the shower I clean the inside of the class and shower panels.

But now I have a cleaner who does the stuff in the first paragraph.

nickiclarke Fri 19-Aug-16 23:30:52

To clean my shower screen and any limescale i use Viakal If you really want to get your shower screen sparkly clean i use a squeegee to wipe it down after cleaning it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now