Cleaning grout, bathroom tiles & getting rid of black mould marks

(8 Posts)
nickiclarke Mon 15-Aug-16 23:52:32

I watched a episode of Anthea Turner perfect housewife a few months back and she gave this woman a recipe for getting her less than white grout up to brand new gleaming white! I haven't paid much attention to my grout but as my wonderful mother pointed out the other day its looking a bit grey, just wondering if anyone can remember what it was she said to use as im actually quite embarrassed to have people round now, Thanks ladies! may your grouting always gleam to a perfect shine ! LOL!

harverina Tue 16-Aug-16 00:00:06

No idea sorry but I use Cilit Bang black and it's fantastic!

lauracobden Tue 16-Aug-16 00:38:47

I use Dettol and it never lets me down.

tapdancingmum Sat 20-Aug-16 21:51:14

My DH read somewhere that the HG headstone cleaning spray works so bought me some (so kind of him!!) Well, it only went and worked. You have to have lots of ventilation as I think it's more pure bleach than bleach and gets you lightheaded after a while. Spray it on, leave it and have a cup of tea and go back and wipe it off. You need the tea before you go back as you can only smell bleach up your nostrils for the next two days grin

99percentchocolate Sat 20-Aug-16 21:52:26

I use HG too - fantastic stuff.

Sootica Sat 20-Aug-16 21:57:46

Cillit bang for mould works great for me

banivani Sun 21-Aug-16 11:15:44

Oooo me me me! I have one! We get this black mould on the silicone stuff you seal with, like where the tiled wall meets the tiled floor - read a tip to soak cotton wool in chlorine bleach and pack against the dirty bits, and leave overnight. By god it works.

I hate having to use it because environment ... But it's the only thing that has bleached it away.

WomanFromAnotherPlace Mon 22-Aug-16 01:23:17

After trying bleach, stardrops and natural cleaners (bicarb, white vinegar etc), with no real difference, I recently purchased a steam cleaner, which was fantastic at getting the grout back to white again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now