Eek need help, putty stuck to my car seats

(7 Posts)
EnglishRose1320 Sun 14-Aug-16 17:27:09

So basically as the title says, I foolishly let my ds' play with putty in the car, lovely for keeping them quiet however in the daylight today I have discovered the back seats have bits of putty stuck all over them and I can't get it fully out. Any suggestions, thanks in advance.

itshappenedagain Sun 14-Aug-16 17:51:46

Vinegar works at breaking it up, but you may be better letting it dry and brushing it off then.

thenewaveragebear1983 Sun 14-Aug-16 17:56:30

You used to be able to get a freeze spray for chewing gum that freezes the stuff and then you can chip it off while frozen. It gets gum out of clothes and carpets etc so might work?

EnglishRose1320 Sun 14-Aug-16 18:45:55

It seems to have dried out in the sunshine and will pick off but is leaving a black mark sad

nickiclarke Mon 15-Aug-16 07:47:26

my little ones are always dropping stuff on the car seat which leaves stains and all sorts lol. I've be using this cleaner for a while and it gets rid of stains and marks without any bother.

EnglishRose1320 Wed 17-Aug-16 10:58:34

Thanks nicki, reviews for that look very good, have added it to my basket!

gigglingHyena Thu 18-Aug-16 10:13:26

Bought the kids "clever putty" for Christmas. Spent boxing day removing it from the desk, chair, ipad and carpet!

For the larger bits, dabbing with a bit of the same putty got a lot of it off. Then a spray of Isopropyl Alcohol dissolved it, then a dab with kitchen roll got the last bits/stains out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now