Exciting thread alert! Mop recommendations.

(8 Posts)
Reiltin Fri 29-Jul-16 18:00:28

I'm tired of buying crappy mops that don't last and I can't find replacement heads for or just aren't any good. Do you have a favourite mop that absolutely changed your life?!

HarryPottersMagicWand Fri 29-Jul-16 23:25:08

Following. I have a steam mop. It's shit. My floor looks lovely and clean after but if I use a wipe, it has black on it so I want to go back to a normal mop and bucket and have no idea where to start! Too much choice for such a simple thing.

GiveMeShade Sat 30-Jul-16 07:58:52

I wouldn't say it's changed my life smile but I have a vileda mop which does a good job. The mop head comes off so you can wash it in the machine easily, mine's wearing well so far and the mop strands have a scourer type bit at the top so you can scrub at any tough stains. You can definitely get replacement heads but I'm cheap so I just keep machine washing mine.

I think it's the Vileda SuperMocio Three Action mop that I have.

Oh and definitely get a good mop bucket with a decent wringer so that you can get the mop fairly dry and not be left with sopping wet floors that take ages to dry. Again, mine is Vileda (I promise I don't work for them!); I've had it for years.

loumayfield Sat 30-Jul-16 12:59:13

I brought this one a couple of months back and am not ashamed to say that i love it lol.

blamethecat Mon 01-Aug-16 08:15:45

I came on to ask the same thing. Also what do people mop tiles with? Mine never look clean and I am yet to find the best thing (needs to deal with cat wee and muddy paw prints)

rachelgrier Tue 02-Aug-16 17:20:15

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

TeaPleaseLouise Tue 02-Aug-16 17:22:34

I have the Morphy Richards 9 in 1 steam mop and I love it but have resorted to nappisan to bleach the original cloths that came with it as the 'offical' replacements don't stay on.

heatherwithapee Wed 03-Aug-16 11:57:36

The e cloth mop is good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now