How do I clean a grimy plastic shower tray

(9 Posts)
hormental Thu 28-Jul-16 15:08:31

I've tried the heavy duty mould spray which brings the tiles up like new but the shower tray is still looking a bit grubby. Any suggestions?

howcomes Thu 28-Jul-16 23:36:01

try 3 parts baking soda to one part bleach to make a runny paste, rub on with a brush and leave for about 10 mins then rinse. Hopefully it'll look lovely and bright again

howcomes Thu 28-Jul-16 23:37:16

Sorry,meant bicarbonate of soda rather than baking soda (in case you used baking powder by accident)

loumayfield Fri 29-Jul-16 07:55:28

Hi,

Try this cleaner with one of those green scourer sponges and give the shower tray a good scrub.

hormental Fri 29-Jul-16 08:53:10

Great! Thank you everyone

Cakescakescakes Fri 29-Jul-16 08:54:16

Flash magic eraser. Don't use a scourer as its abrasive and can mark the plastic surface.

Wisewisewords Fri 29-Jul-16 09:00:56

I would try a microfibre cloth with some water and a bit of liquid soap or bubble bath before you go for anything harsher. Bicarbonate of soda is good maybe with a soft toothbrush. Don't use a scourer will scratch the plastic.

wowfudge Fri 29-Jul-16 11:35:05

Bicarb and magic erasers are also abrasive, although not as abrasive as a scourer, but if it's dingy looking the shower tray may already be scratched anyway. Bleach can make some plastics go yellow so proceed with caution.

P1nkP0ppy Fri 29-Jul-16 11:41:02

I'd use lime scale remover or vinegar/lemon juice.
I suspect that limescale is making it look dingy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now