Clothes Storage

(3 Posts)
BaggyAndWrinkled Mon 25-Jul-16 09:39:58

Have my DC got too many clothes?! I have attached a pic of their double wardrobe - I adapted it with a lower hanging rail which worked a treat when DS was tiny but now that he's 7 his clothes are dragging. They have a tall thin drawer unit in their room.

How do you all store your DC's clothes or do I have too many?!

NapQueen Mon 25-Jul-16 09:50:16

Dd is nearly 5. She has two rails above one another - tops on the top rail and dresses in the bottom. She then has a tall thin Kallax unit with a cupboard in the top gap (for schoolwork), and three tubs in the remaining gaps - one for pj's, one for uniform and one for trousers.

Another square Kallax has one square with two drawers in it - one drawer for pants and vests the other for socks and tights.

Poor ds (20mo) has one drawer in a chest of drawers in our room for all of his clothes and two small baskets on top - one for pj's and one for socks.

Icecreamsundaes Mon 25-Jul-16 12:06:10

Here's DS4's clothes storage, tshirts/jumpers/coats hung, underwear and pjs in top drawer, jeans and shorts in drawer 2 and next size up bits and bobs in the bottom drawer. If you can see the ikea hanging thing to the right that houses gloves/hats/out of season pjs/some dress up outfits etc. Summer hats and sunscreen are kept by the back door in a basket and in winter we change it up for winter hats/gloves/scarves.

I need everything where I can see it for the split second I get each morning I grab the kids clothes grin
If it starts to get too crowded I'll do a cull until it's back to a manageable level, so if that's manageable for you id say no it's not too much, if it's a bit busy in finding what they need I'd do cull.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now