Bag for Life overload

(19 Posts)
elvislives2012 Sat 09-Jul-16 13:45:02

I've got hundreds and hundreds of the sodding things. They are just stuffed into each other taking up loads of room. Any hints?

SpuriouserAndSpuriouser Sat 09-Jul-16 13:49:59

I had this. Bags and bags of bags. I chucked a load of them recently, and now I only have one, manageable, bag of bags. It definitely probably wasn't the most eco-friendly solution, but they were really annoying me!

Imnotaslimjim Sat 09-Jul-16 13:52:52

Try this

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cidF66-LXng

Takes a while when you have a mass of them but once you get into the habit, you do it every time you're done with them and it takes seconds. They take up a lot less room

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 09-Jul-16 13:55:45

You can't fold bags for life like that though.

I have TONS of them!

Imnotaslimjim Sat 09-Jul-16 14:02:41

Do you mean the 10p thicker carrier bag style ones or fabric ones? I fold the thicker 10p ones like that. They don't come out that small but definitely take up less space than if they all shoved in one carrier bag

CMOTDibbler Sat 09-Jul-16 14:11:29

Donate them to your local food bank - they could really do with them when making up bags

Alasalas2 Sat 09-Jul-16 14:14:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

clary Sat 09-Jul-16 14:17:42

Why do you all keep buying them? We have about half a dozen, but I find that despite their name they do start to lose the will to live after a while.

I need at least 5 to get the shopping home. I bought two new ones in Carrfour on a school trip to France last month, I luvvs them so much. Got the French footy team on and everything smile

Mycraneisfixed Sat 09-Jul-16 14:29:05

I have way too many of the fabric ones as I keep forgetting to put them back in my car after unpacking shopping.

BluePitchFork Sat 09-Jul-16 14:35:08

why do you have so many?
we use boxes (ikea trofast) for the weekly shop and canvas bags for forgotten milk little shops in between.
no plastic bags at all

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 09-Jul-16 14:38:32

Why do you all keep buying them?

Because I forgetting them when I shopping.

elvislives2012 Sat 09-Jul-16 14:58:44

I keep forgetting the sodding things when I go shopping

pippinandtog Sat 09-Jul-16 16:26:22

Keep what you need , and take the rest to a charity shop, for customers' purchases.
And don't forget to take the remaining ones with you when you go shopping, or the whole cycle starts again.

Ditsy4 Sat 09-Jul-16 16:30:22

Or take them to a school as kids will be taking work home soon and forget the bags. I leave some in the car boot. I love the string ones as the hold loads and don't take up much room.

UsernameTaken2 Sat 09-Jul-16 16:33:31

Store them like this
https://youtu.be/i-29iDas_KA

elvislives2012 Sat 09-Jul-16 20:42:04

Sorry I mean the massive ones. Not carrier type ones.
They're huge!

QOD Sat 09-Jul-16 20:56:06

I just bought 20 more To add to my stash of 8 or so as they are so much better than boxes for packing!
Good idea about food bank donating after 👍🏽

wobblywonderwoman Mon 11-Jul-16 10:29:17

I have loads but I use them at the moment for decluttering for the charity shop

DoreenLethal Mon 11-Jul-16 10:36:34

I would happily take them off your hands to give to people when they buy stuff from our community shop. If you are in or near Nottingham I'll have them!

The larger ones though are good for making your own mini growbags - half fill with soil, fold the top over and under and slit holes in them and plant lettuce or spring onions or chives or a tomato plant in it. [I also have these for sale in the community shop if you want any smile]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now