Please recommend me a washing machine for under £500

(10 Posts)
NoPlanYet Tue 05-Jul-16 16:02:16

I've read through which online and they all seem crap!

Most important criteria for me are:
Energy efficient
Water efficient
Shortish programmes

I don't have especially high standards in terms of cleaning, I just require the clothes to be clean when they come out but won't be inspecting them with a CSI lumalite for traces of stuff

I don't need 100 different programmes, just a decent synthetics one plus a quick wash for a small load, a hot one for pooey/sicky things, and a hot cottons one for the yearly sheet purge!

There are 3 of us in the family so I doubt we need a huge one, especially as we change sheets and towels every fortnight.

Oooh and I want a delay timer.

All recommendations gratefully received.

wowfudge Tue 05-Jul-16 17:26:24

Beko - I was sorry to sell ours when we moved and we no longer needed it. Really flexible in terms of programmes, not complicated, works well.

Pradaqueen Tue 05-Jul-16 17:28:00

I've got the Samsung. Digital display tells me how long the cycle has left. Also has a 15min cycle for quick washes. It sings a little tune when it is done. I luffs my Samsung.

rabbit123 Tue 05-Jul-16 17:58:04

Another Beko vote. The high end ones with the bigger drums have a "daily quick" cycle with fully variable temp from cold-95 degrees that will wash a full load in under an hour.
We had a bog standard Beko before we got our Miele set. Only got it to put is on after our Hotpoint died a death but it ended up lasting us 6 years before it needed a minor repair

rabbit123 Tue 05-Jul-16 18:00:38

ao.com/product/wy114764mw-beko-washing-machine-white-36965-1.aspx?usemvc=1&

monicaglenfield Tue 05-Jul-16 19:39:56

I've got a Russell Hobbs washing machine and it's really good. Not sure if it's your cup of tea but your more then welcome to view it here

dairyfarmerswife Thu 07-Jul-16 19:06:46

I have a Bosch, not sure of the exact model but similar to this ao.com/product/wak28161gb-bosch-serie-4-washing-machine-white-30247-1.aspx?usemvc=1&

Does all the things you want plus, and this is my favourite bit, you can stop it to add something. So often I drop something on the way to the machine and now I can just chuck it in with the rest.

The normal 40 degree cycle is 2hrs 46 but it does a half load in an hour and there's also a 30 Min cycle, half load for that is 15 mins.

BTW I think energy efficient tends to mean longer programmes, can't remember why!

dairyfarmerswife Thu 07-Jul-16 19:07:46

Oh and the 1400 spin means things dry really quickly as they are almost dry when they come out

NoPlanYet Thu 07-Jul-16 22:17:04

Thanks for the suggestions.
I've found a good bosch one I like actually, a bit like the one you link above farmer, but I do remember a good beko one I used to have so I'll see what is on offer when we're ready to buy.

Chasingsquirrels Sat 09-Jul-16 09:42:55

I got that Bosch one a couple of months ago, also from AO, to replace a Bosch Classixx I'd had for about 10 years.
Happy with it so far.
I like the timer delay.
Am surprised by programme lengths (cotton is 2h46m), shorter programmes (easy care and quick wash) are much smaller volumes. But there is a Speed Perfect button which reduces wash times by using more water & energy.
At durst it bothered me as I used to put on a wash in the morning and empty it before I went to work, but now I put it on at bed time on timer delay so it is finishing just as u get up and I can empty it then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now