Whole bottle of fabric conditioner soiled over the carpet :(

(5 Posts)
plipplops Tue 05-Jul-16 09:36:27

What do I do?! Blue fabric conditioner wobbled off the machine, cracked the lid and has gone everywhere. I've blotted as much as I can with towels but there's a huge wet blue mark...

Thingywhatsit Tue 05-Jul-16 09:55:34

I think all you do for now is keep blotting and do not whatever you do, scrub it with hot water! I would possibly be inclined to wet a cloth and soak the carpet a bit with cold water and give it a gentle rub and then blot, then repea and keep repeating until the blue tinge has gone....

plipplops Tue 05-Jul-16 10:56:18

Thanks. I've just left a message for a professional cleaner - it's so slippery and quite frankly I don't have time today to spend hours cleaning the bloody mess up!

Imnotaslimjim Tue 05-Jul-16 10:57:39

you either need a wet/dry hoover or sit with a spoon and a bowl, scraping inwards to the centre of the stain to reduce the spread.

user1464934899 Tue 05-Jul-16 12:20:54

Hi,

That sounds like a bit of a pickle your in lol. I would recommend giving this carpet cleaner a go. It's really good on tough stains so it should remove the fabric conditioner stain from your carpet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now