Black mould on soft toys - how do I get rid of it?!

(8 Posts)
Magstermay Fri 17-Jun-16 09:21:55

We've just got the Jumperoo down from the loft for DS2 and some of the soft toy attachments have spots of black mould on shock. I don't think you can take them off the frame so I can't put them through the wash. Does anyone know how I can clean it up so it's safe for the baby to use? Can't afford to buy another one! Thank you!!

PS also got the same on DS1s folding camping chair so any thoughts on that also welcome grin

Magstermay Fri 17-Jun-16 20:04:02

Bumping in hope!

GooodMythicalMorning Fri 17-Jun-16 20:06:33

I dont think it comes off. sad dd's toys went mouldy but we never managed to get it off properly so they had to go in the bin.

CwtchMeQuick Fri 17-Jun-16 20:10:53

I've just got out DSs old bouncy chair for my friends DD and it had this on. I scrubbed it with some vanish stain remover spray and it all came off. If you can't put it through the wash I'd scrub with vanish and then go over it with some dettol laundry detergent

KleineDracheKokosnuss Fri 17-Jun-16 20:12:48

Sorry, I've never managed it. Black mold here means send to landfill. It think if you boil wash it kills the mold so it could be used - but it won't look right again. The black stays.

Luckystar1 Fri 17-Jun-16 20:14:35

Apparently that Dettol mildew spray is good. But it's harsh on colours. If not, to the tip.

Magstermay Fri 17-Jun-16 22:31:25

Thank you. It's so frustrating as they're not cheap so I am hoping I can do something to avoid having to ditch it. I've got someVanish spray so I'll give that a go first!

chrisrobin Fri 17-Jun-16 22:41:19

I used milton on the straps of our old high chair, it got the black mould off but the straps were white so I wasn't worried about bleaching.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now