How do I get black mould permanently off shower

(18 Posts)
Chchchchangeabout Thu 16-Jun-16 22:22:15

But without toxically poisoning baby and toddler? Or is going for strong nasty product the only way back from the nasty black shower mould stuff?

WordGetsAround Thu 16-Jun-16 22:24:23

Cillit Bang black mould remover! Just anhialate it!

DurhamDurham Thu 16-Jun-16 22:29:16

When we moved into our house the only think that worked was bleach and an old toothbrush. I scrubbed the area and then left it half an hour before rinsing off with cold water and then cleaning thoroughly to get rid of any lingering bleach.
I wish I'd taken photos because the difference was quite remarkable grin

Wombat87 Thu 16-Jun-16 22:46:32

This stuff. Spray liberally and open the windows. Leave for 30mins. Literally eats the mould. You may have to do it more than once, but I did one a week before the bathroom clean

http://www.homecareessentials.co.uk/acatalog/Mould_Spray.html?gclid=CIK6k8bCrc0CFcYcGwodvYoOcg

Chchchchangeabout Thu 16-Jun-16 23:07:38

Hmmm three different recommendations, which to choose.... Any casting votes to help decide it?

GiddyOnZackHunt Thu 16-Jun-16 23:14:31

The HG Mould above is supposed to be the best in the business.
Dettol Mould and Mildew is also very good.

Queenbean Thu 16-Jun-16 23:16:27

I just pour neat bleach on the tiles and leave for half an hour. Then sort of power shift it off using the shower.

No scrubbing needed. Very effective.

CuttedUpPear Thu 16-Jun-16 23:16:42

White vinegar in a spray bottle.
No nasty fumes or pollution in the water courses.

markingthebench Thu 16-Jun-16 23:16:45

mould and mildew remover worked for me.

derenstar Thu 16-Jun-16 23:17:25

I've always used bleach, leave on for a bit then scrub /rinse away. It's cheap and works every time.

user1464934899 Fri 17-Jun-16 07:38:17

Astonish Mould & Mildew Cleaner is the way to go. Quick spray leave for a couple of mins and give the shower a good scrub and all should be well:-)

DurhamDurham Fri 17-Jun-16 08:45:33

Another thing in bleach's favour is that you can get a bottle of thick bleach from Aldi for about 50p.

Kwirrell Fri 17-Jun-16 10:00:15

You can soak bits of loo roll in bleach and stick over the areas of mould. Leave it for a few hours with good ventilation. As the paper dries it sucks out the mould.

This was a tip I got on MN and the mould has not reappeared.

GrubbyWindows Fri 17-Jun-16 13:26:07

My plumber is evangelical about the HG stuff, as are the ladies in Lakeland- endorsement enough for me!
We had been using bicarb, vinegar and tea tree oil, which kind of works, but the HG does blow them out of the water. DP used it in the morning when me and DS were out for the day, and ventilated furiously for the rest of the day- couldn't smell it at all by the time we got home.

Kingsizecrochetblanket Fri 17-Jun-16 13:43:32

Another vote for the HG stuff. I used to sell it, when it was discontinued where I worked in bought a load cheap. It's brilliant!
The HG blue is amazing for getting limescale off steel sinks and taps too. grin

JsOtherHalf Sun 19-Jun-16 12:03:19

HG stuff here too.

dulcefarniente Sun 19-Jun-16 17:29:29

Kwirrell tried the loo roll + bleach following your post. Holy shit - it's amazing! Thanks for passing on the tip.

Kwirrell Mon 20-Jun-16 07:58:39

I am pleased it worked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now