Iron broken - any recommendations?

(9 Posts)
nibblingfingernails Sat 04-Jun-16 11:26:01

Literally just now - ironing away when suddenly my iron started sticking to everything (ironing cotton pillow case). It then melted my very new ironing board cover, thought it strange but plodded on, muttering under my breath that I now need to buy a new cover again etc.... then suddenly realised that iron had stopped working completely! I'm getting it over heated.

So I'm now looking for a new iron, I hate irons (had one blow up on me and burn my arm quite nastily a few years back so I don't want to take chances with my old one)

Any preferences?

joeythenutter Sat 04-Jun-16 11:32:24

I work as a cleaner and am in various homes using different irons. By far the best and I want one myself is the Bosch Sensixx. Brilliant iron, super at taking out creases although expensive.

joeythenutter Sat 04-Jun-16 11:33:09

Should have added the steam generator one.

nibblingfingernails Sat 04-Jun-16 11:38:34

I was just looking at the Bosch iron, not that one mind! I have always gone for Morphy Richards.

nibblingfingernails Sat 04-Jun-16 11:46:17

Joey is it this one? BOSCH Sensixx TDS3761GB Steam Generator Iron - Black

nickiclarke Sat 04-Jun-16 18:26:02

Go for a good old Russel Hobbs Steamglide i purchased one about 18 months ago and it hasn't let me down. In fact since buying one i actually enjoy doing the ironing lol.

Northernlurker Sat 04-Jun-16 20:21:03

I just bought a Bosch one I'm very happy with. About £28 from Sainsburys. No idea what model!

rabbit123 Sat 04-Jun-16 22:13:33

We had a Philips iron for absolutely years, so when it broke, we replaced it with the modern equivalent and it's brilliant

SquidgeyMidgey Sat 04-Jun-16 22:57:22

I've got a Bosch something or other. It's black and cost about £50, and it's brilliant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now