Is there such a thing as a multipack of really nice birthday cards out there?

(11 Posts)
KondoAttitude Wed 27-Apr-16 11:23:13

Inspired by the online greetings cards thread below about always being late with birthday cards... I could just stock up next time I'm in town, but I'd prefer to buy a multipack as a more convenient solution. I have lovely multipacks of blank-on-the-inside greetings cards from the art gallery that I sometimes use for thank yous, sympathy cards etc, but I would like to find some specific "occasion" cards.

The kind of ones I like usually come from the art gallery, Oxfam shops, John Lewis, or our local "handmade crafty goods" type shop. The only multipacks I can find via googling are very cheap ones from Amazon end-of-range, Moonpig, or the Card Factory but they all seem quite gaudy - great for kids, but not so much for older relatives living abroad etc which is really what I need them for. Can anyone recommend anything on the pricier end of the scale? Even an expensive multipack is likely to work out quite a bit cheaper than buying individual cards at something like £2.75-£5 a card (!), and the main aim is just to be more organised. TIA for any help!

Eminybob Wed 27-Apr-16 11:32:00

I had a lovely box of cards, it had all sorts of occasions in it, birthday, wedding, new home etc.
It was from the book people I think, the ones who leave books in offices. Not sure if they have a website?

fluffiphlox Wed 27-Apr-16 11:33:03

Paperchase do a box for adults and a box for children.

Eminybob Wed 27-Apr-16 11:34:03

Just found the book people website - they do have some boxes of cards in their stationary department.

Artistic Wed 27-Apr-16 11:45:22

Yes! Amazon do multi packs of 10 or 20 cards for birthdays and other occasions. Works out really cheap 50p to under £1 per card. We never buy the expensive ones any more unless it's a special 1st/10th etc. birthday.

KondoAttitude Wed 27-Apr-16 11:56:57

Thanks - I'll check those out!

Do any museums/galleries or charities do multipacks? I've never seen any.

KondoAttitude Wed 27-Apr-16 12:00:48

Quite liking the Book People ones. It's not very clear exactly what you get in the box, though - just a small image that you can't zoom in on. Annoying!

Yesvember Wed 27-Apr-16 12:07:25

I got some lovely cards last year from a site called cambridge imprint, I think they use traditional printing methods.

Yesvember Wed 27-Apr-16 12:11:51

Just checked their site and they do packs of 10 that work out cheaper than individual cards, although all in one pack are the same. They are nice though!

KondoAttitude Wed 27-Apr-16 12:25:28

Ooh, I like those Cambridge Imprint ones! I can only find multipacks of blank cards or thank you cards on the website, though - no birthday ones. sad

SmileAndNod Wed 27-Apr-16 13:38:34

Whistlefish Galleries do some quite nice cards. They are online now too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now