Cleaning after the cleaner

(7 Posts)
LC01 Thu 21-Apr-16 13:04:20

I know I'm mad and stupid, but does anyone else find themselves cleaning certain things after their cleaner has been? I'm fussy about my bathroom sinks, and end up cleaning them again after my cleaner as been. I have mentioned to her that I like to taps to be gleaming and that could she use viakal, but she just doesn't get them as good as me and there's always bits she missed. Am I being overly fussy about this?

I know it's first world problems.

EssentialHummus Thu 21-Apr-16 13:09:58

Kind of. We have one of these:

www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_331028634397CHBR?CMP=SSH&tmcampid=28&tmad=c&sku=8152109&placmp=SSH_7769505706_308657347_18759600547&mkwid=sZCkBEkkU%7cpcrid%7c87491814187%7cpkw%7c%7cpmt%7c%7cpdv%7cm%7cprd%7c8152109&gclid=CjwKEAjw9OG4BRDJzY3jrMng4iQSJABddor1qR1yI6GbfVlywx9-7j135wp-f7vVXj_qf23ub0SNixoCYFzw_wcB

Cleaner just can't put the boards back into the holder. One or two make it in, the rest are scattered around the kitchen cupboards. She's otherwise brilliant, so I've stopped asking and just replace them all after she's left.

Very much first world problems!

joeythenutter Thu 21-Apr-16 16:31:19

LC How is she with cleaning other things? Maybe she has not time to do everything as thoroughly as she would like.

LC01 Fri 22-Apr-16 09:36:11

Joeythenutter, some things she's really good at, and others not so, just like everyone. She has the time, I think it's just a different way of cleaning or she doesn't see it. Before she was using wipes to clean the sink, and I asked her to use a spray as the bowl wasn't looking clean, but I guess, I'm quite thorough as I'll use an old toothbrush all the around the taps and plug hole if they look a bit dirty.

BananaPie Fri 22-Apr-16 14:02:16

Hmm, I've always said that my cleaner helps me keep on top of things rather than cleans as thoroughly as I would. She is a lot quicker than me (I always take an old toothbrush to the taps, grouting etc, but she doesn't). I think I'd have to pay her to do twice as many hours to get a perfect finish. As it is, I just do a bit myself too. Still worth having a cleaner, as a quick go at the taps is much less time consuming than doing the whole bathroom.

Audreyhelp Sat 23-Apr-16 08:43:26

Think you have got the nice nice bit just polishing the taps at the end. She's done the main cleaning. Trouble with cleaning you only notice what isn't done.

DanglyEarOrnaments Sat 23-Apr-16 13:09:57

It's ok to ask for a high end service level if this is the level being charged and paid for.

I would say it would depend upon her general pricing structure as to what level of service can be realistically expected, all this sort of thing should be agreed upon within the first meeting where all the terms and service level are set out and agreed between the two parties.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now