Best hoover for pet hair?

(12 Posts)
Upthepaddle Mon 18-Apr-16 15:11:00

My dog's hair doesn't come up with our normal hoover. We've got one of those high suction ones that were banned by the EU. The hair's soft and I think it becomes inter-twined in the carpet fibers. It takes us on hands and knees with sellotape to get their hair up but it takes ages and isn't something we can do regularly.

I've read excellent reviews of the Miele C3 cat and dog hair but I wanted MNers experiences if you've had one. Or else, what other hoovers work for your pet hair?

The Miele is so expensive that I want to make sure it's going to work for what I need it to!

BovrilonToast Mon 18-Apr-16 16:43:11

I've got the Miele and a long haired and short haired cat... it's brilliant! I

t's well worth it. It replaced a Dyson that couldn't cope with the hair.

Dontbesilly Mon 18-Apr-16 17:27:48

Yesterday my dh was convinced that our Miele wasn't picking up the pet hair sufficiently. Admittedly it's not the cat and dog model it's the Miele Complete C2 Celebration Powerline model. Anyway, he finished hoovering the entire house and suggested we buy an upright vacuum cleaner.

Reluctantly I agreed to look around for what there is out there and Argos has on a half price offer, the animal upright.

Dh bought it and hoovered the entire house again and showed me the cyclone drum and I was mortified. It was full. The carpets looked like brand new and the house smells lovely. I always hoover downstairs daily and upstairs every other day.

The new hoover is great. Long lead and extension hose and easy to manoeuvre too and good tool attachments too.

We have two cats and two dogs too.

Dontbesilly Mon 18-Apr-16 17:30:59

It's the Dyson animal upright that we bought. I was so enthusiastic about it I forgot to say blush

rabbit123 Mon 18-Apr-16 17:50:27

Miele Cat & Dog cylinder or Sebo x4 Pet upright. Absolutely brilliant. Our Sebo is over 20 years old now and has never let us down. Brilliant on pet hair. It's only 800w too and yet it picks up way more than those awful bagless high power things - just goes to show what good design will do

HeyMacWey Mon 18-Apr-16 17:53:18

Another vote for the miele cat and dog here.

OnceMoreIntoTheBleach Mon 18-Apr-16 17:53:42

Another Miele cat and dog here. Very long. Haired dog and it gets it all. I've lost entire pairs of sock up that thing!

Notstayingup Mon 18-Apr-16 17:55:44

I have a Dyson V6 and it is unbelievable how much hair it sucks up - highly recommend it. Have attached it to the wall so it is so easy to run round the floors and works well on hard floors and carpets

rabbit123 Mon 18-Apr-16 19:17:42

I haven't been impressed with cordless vacs. 20 minutes on low power is not enough suction or power to clean my house from top to bottom. They're great for a quick whip round but for a proper clean? No way.

Indantherene Mon 18-Apr-16 19:39:03

We've just bought a Vax Airlift Steerable Pet. So far it is doing very well at picking up the invisible cat hair that is clinging to everything. Can't believe quite how much hair there is.

Upthepaddle Tue 19-Apr-16 09:31:31

Thanks everyone. I might invest in the Miele one although I like the sound of the Sebo as well.

They're all just so expensive sad

MrHankyTheXmasPoo Tue 19-Apr-16 17:08:48

After seeing it on you tube I went over my hall carpet with a window cleaning tool, so much hair! Never again will I have a hairy dog, love him to bits but am fed up of the hair everywhere

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now