How do I clean under the perspex bit of my salad crisper draw?

(14 Posts)
Flushedwithsomething Sat 16-Apr-16 18:04:27

We have a Samsung side by side fridge freezer and somehow something has spilt and got under the perspex bit of the salad drawer. It looks all mouldy - pic attached. No obvious way to seperate the white plastic part and perspex. Any ideas gratefully received!

QuiteLikely5 Sat 16-Apr-16 18:06:29

Could you run it under the tap then stick some paper in it so that the grime catches onto the paper?

Flushedwithsomething Sat 16-Apr-16 18:11:24

Can't get paper under unfortunatey, it is too tightly sealed. So annoying and looks really grimey!

P1nkP0ppy Sun 17-Apr-16 07:05:51

Can you submerge the whole drawer in hot water/bleach solution? Presumably if something has got under there then that might shift it?

Flushedwithsomething Sun 17-Apr-16 17:44:55

Thats a great idea, thank you

Watto1 Sun 17-Apr-16 17:46:10

Will it fit in the dishwasher? Might be worth a shot!

Flushedwithsomething Sun 17-Apr-16 18:30:17

Alas no! Thank you

MNemonica Sun 17-Apr-16 18:41:17

I've got exactly the same problem with my Samsung fridge/freezer, it looks awful. There definitely is a big design flaw.

I've tried running hot water through it, soaking it in bleach, poking it with various brushes, and nothing has worked so far.

Watching with interest in case anyone has a solution but not holding my breath as I've been trying to clean it for over a year now

P1nkP0ppy Sun 17-Apr-16 18:43:22

Would Samsung have any ideas or offer to replace it? ?

GruffaloMoggy Sun 17-Apr-16 18:45:16

If you soak it in a warm bath , it might be more flexible when warm & pop off?

Flushedwithsomething Mon 18-Apr-16 03:25:08

Thanks fot the ideas everyone and glad it is not just me MN! Thought we were just a bit grimey. We tried submerging it and that has helped somewhat, might try it a few times over the next few days and see if we can shift the mark. Will report back. The plastic feels quite brittle so I am reluctant to try prising it all apart. We live in the ME and the model number we have seems to be Gulf only - have looked for spares but can't locate sad

Scone1nSixtySeconds Mon 18-Apr-16 07:25:00

I too have a Samsung side by side with the same problem. Which is a shame because it is blooming fabulous.

zzzzz Mon 18-Apr-16 07:27:22

I'd paint the join with thick bleach, and then leave it for 10 mins

Then rinse.

How annoying

MNemonica Wed 20-Apr-16 18:37:19

Success! Success!

Finally got rid of the mouldy-looking marks by soaking the drawers in cold water with plenty of bleach in, face down in the bath. Left them overnight, and today they look as good as new smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now