Help me keep this resolution

(7 Posts)
hobnobsaremyfave Sat 16-Apr-16 17:29:48

Right cards on the table I hate cleaning. I do as little as I can get away with. Laundry, dishes and basics kept on top of but little time, energy or motivation to do much else. (Have 4 dc's and work full time).
Last weekend I managed to do a good de-clutter of dc2 and 3's bedroom.
This afternoom I have emptied and sorted one cupboard.
My resolution is to try and empty/sort one cupboard/drawer/space every weekend.
I think that's a do-able.
So I am going to try and "sign-off" each week to hold myself to it.
Wish me luck

QuiteLikely5 Sat 16-Apr-16 17:34:54

Good luck but the trick is not to over think these things. My top tip is:

Grab a black bag and where ever you are in the house just start filling it with your rubbish, toys/letters/clothes etc you will be surprised how much easier your life is when you have less stuff around you, cleaning is easier too.

Also do consider getting a monthly house clean. Most cleaners offer to clean a three bed house for 40£ pm they call it a one off clean'

Good luck!! smile

hobnobsaremyfave Sat 23-Apr-16 17:15:52

Checking in to keep me on track.
2 trips to the tip
1 bag to charity shop
Some storage boxes bought to keep dd's stuff in good order.
Am pleased with the slow but steady progress.

sparechange Sat 23-Apr-16 17:16:58

Good work! Which room/cupboard is next on the list?

hobnobsaremyfave Sat 23-Apr-16 17:44:19

There is a cupboard in whatvwas the dining room now a sitting room that is crying out for a sort out so may brave that next weekend.
Still fumigating dd's room but nearly there.

hobnobsaremyfave Sun 24-Apr-16 18:49:40

Right DD's room done.
Just need to keep things ticking over and attack one more cupboard next weekend.
See you next Saturday grin

UntidyAn0n Mon 25-Apr-16 10:52:40

Good work! I find it so hard to keep on top of the basics so anything extra is a bonus in my books! Ive got into the habit of never leaving a room empty handed. And the other one I try to stick to is don't put it down, put it away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now