do magnetic window cleaning tools work?

(8 Posts)
ButterfliesinSpring Sat 09-Apr-16 10:55:06

I need something to work for Windows too high up to get a window cleaner (flats) and too dangerous to hang out of the window to reach the other side with my own arm...

But the reviews don't look that promising on Amazon

Anyone got one they can recommend or any other solutions?

wowfudge Sat 09-Apr-16 12:11:33

I've got one. It's okay, but it really does depend on the design of your windows whether it is worth getting. You need to think about how you are going to reach to get both sides together. Also I found it awkward to reach right up to the frame and into the corners. Would I buy one again knowing what I now know? No. I found a telescopic pole system much better and easier to use. The problem is that I can't reach our top floor windows. The back of the house is inaccessible unless someone is in and inevitably we are at work when the window cleaners come round.

Definitely watch the demonstration videos first if you do get one.

wowfudge Sat 09-Apr-16 12:13:07

Does your management company not have a contract with someone for window cleaning?

ButterfliesinSpring Sat 09-Apr-16 12:39:22

No it's council and hasn't been done in the years Iv been here. I usually hang out the window to reach but had a heart stopping moment where I realised I was being a fool and inventions must exist

ButterfliesinSpring Sat 09-Apr-16 12:49:01

Wowfudge do you have a link to your telescopic pole?

wowfudge Sat 09-Apr-16 14:07:31

No - sorry, I don't but it was about £6 from Aldi. You're supposed to use them from the ground so if you're above first floor it wouldn't reach.

Muddlewitch Sat 09-Apr-16 14:20:59

But works, not a fabulous clean but cleaner than before I do them, I get soaked though!

Muddlewitch Sat 09-Apr-16 14:21:13

Mine, not but!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now