Washer/dryer or washer and heated airer?

(7 Posts)
greenbloom Fri 08-Apr-16 15:17:58

My old washer/dryer has died. I haven't space for a separate dryer so was thinking about just a washing machine and then a heated airer? Any opinions?

FireflyGirl Fri 08-Apr-16 21:54:02

Did you like your washer/dryer? Did it cope with your laundry requirements? What is making you think a separate heated airer might be better?

(Personally, I would rather have the airer, but I get through a lot of washing and usually have the washing machine and tumble dryer going at the same time, with another load on the washing line/draped over doors and radiators!)

westcountrywoman Sat 09-Apr-16 07:29:52

Washer and heated airer. I hated my washer drier and it was expensive to run. I am lucky enough to now have a washer, a separate drier and a heated airer, but very rarely use the drier. The stand alone washer is much more efficient and we manage fine with the heated airer 99% of the time.

Muskateersmummy Sat 09-Apr-16 07:32:06

Washer and heated airer. Combination things tend not to work well. Ours was hopeless. I would never have one again. Plus having a washer and a heated dryer means I can wash a second load whilst the first is drying

insancerre Sat 09-Apr-16 07:36:04

I didn't like my washer\ dryer
It took ages to dry
You couldn't dry a full wash load as the drying capacity is less that the washing capacity
The next wash after you've used the dryer was covered in fluff
I would never buy one again

greenbloom Sat 09-Apr-16 16:34:41

Thank you for your helpful replies. The drier part was so noisy and inefficient that I am leaning towards the airer - are they a faff to fold and store? I would love to just have it up in the kitchen overnight, quietly drying, and put it away in the mornings.
We are a small family of three, so I do roughly a load a day.

westcountrywoman Sun 10-Apr-16 19:56:21

They fold pretty small (flat). Ours tucks away down the side of a cabinet in the bathroom and comes out overnight (I use the playroom). It's light and easy to move when empty. Most things dry overnight and it takes a big load. Thick towels / jeans sometimes need a little longer. You can unfold just half the line if you just need it for a few things.
If you have a Lakeland nearby they usually have them on display.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now