Are John Lewis Portia sofa covers washable?

(6 Posts)
GherkinMuncher Tue 08-Mar-16 11:44:29

My sofa covers are rather grubby. Does anyone know if can machine wash them?

I can't find any washing instructions on the covers. The Internet tells me the fabric is 100% polyester.

MackerelOfFact Tue 08-Mar-16 12:16:30

Ooh I'd like to know this too. After the Great Mulled Wine Incident of 2015 one of my cushion covers could do with a wash.

The arms need a clean too, not sure how best to do that either.

GherkinMuncher Sat 12-Mar-16 21:36:07

After a potty training accident I but the bullet and put the cover on a delicate 30 wash. I'm delighted to say that the cover is now clean and back on the sofa. Definitely doing the others tomorrow.

MackerelOfFact Mon 14-Mar-16 10:31:22

Excellent, thanks for the update OP - hopefully the 30 cycle will be sufficient for the red wine stains on mine! Did you have any problems getting the covers back on the cushions? Did they need ironing or anything?

Quickchangeup Mon 14-Mar-16 11:57:01

I wasn't sure about my covers a few weeks back and started a thread. Lots of people came back and said chuck them in the machine at 30 and they'll be fine! Happy to report this was the case and my sofa now looks new again. I put the covers back on ever so slightly damp as I was worried about shrinkage and never getting them on again. They went on no trouble!

GherkinMuncher Mon 14-Mar-16 18:40:57

I put mine on damp too. They dried really quickly. They are a little out of shape, but look so much less grubby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now