clearance/gap on sides of condenser dryer

(2 Posts)
lighteningmcmama Wed 02-Mar-16 10:37:40

Hi

Hoping there might be An expert on here who might be able to help...My new condenser dryer arrived today, and although we checked the mmeasurements beforehand and it does indeed fit, I have now read the manual which says it needs a minimum clearance of 25mm on the sides and 51 mm at the rear. I have between 5 and 10mm either side. I don't know about the back but I'm less worried about that I can always pull it out slightly each time if nnecessary. I'm more worried about the sides.

I phoned John Lewis they told me too ring Samsung who said it is only about vibrations so if it works it should be fine. I asked them to put that in writing that I would not be invalidating my warranty and also that there is no fire hazard from this. She said ok but that she'll double check the advice from her team first.

So my question is, are there any experts on here who can advise whether this is a problem or not?

Many thanks in advance!smile

lighteningmcmama Wed 02-Mar-16 13:13:28

Bumping in hope someone might know if this is significant or not! I can't use my lovely new dryer until I know if it's safesad and I delayed some washes in anticipation of having a dryer from todayconfused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now