best kitchen gadget

(21 Posts)
MadauntofA Thu 25-Feb-16 20:38:03

I'm a bit of a gadget junky and had to restrain myself when wandering round Lakeland the other day! - what kitchen gadget do you love?

KondoAttitude Sun 28-Feb-16 15:24:29

I love my:

- airtight wine bottle stoppers
- wooden toast tongs
- boiled egg topper
- olive stoner
- teabag tidy
- old-fashioned tin cook's measure
- tea strainer with drip tray
- magnetic knife rack

MadauntofA Sun 28-Feb-16 16:52:46

My current favourite is my multichopper, onion cut in small pieces in 10seconds!

MadauntofA Sun 28-Feb-16 16:53:50

I like the sound of your cooks measure, may have to google!

cozietoesie Sun 28-Feb-16 17:40:47

My electric knife sharpener - followed closely by my magnetic knife rack. Blunt knives drive me crazy.

CakeandRoses Sat 05-Mar-16 19:53:22

My Quooker boiling water tap, hands down.

I also love my Panasonic bread maker even though it's only used for pizza dough once a week.

Babieseverywhere Sat 05-Mar-16 23:44:01

I love my soup maker, throw any veg and a stock pot in it and four portions of lovely homemade soup in 20mins. Easy to clean and no need to watch it, just turn it on and leave !

Think I need the multi cutter mentioned by PP, I hate cutting onions. Is it easy to clean ?

Qwebec Sun 06-Mar-16 02:24:24

The only one i could not do with out is my rice cooker. It makes the best rice. Now that i found the type of rice I like and that I have this baby, I stopped hating homemade rice and now mine is so good I don't order it in restaurants anymore as I'm always disappointed.

Glastokitty Sun 06-Mar-16 02:40:20

I love my fake thermomix and my Airfryer.

MrsJamin Sun 06-Mar-16 06:46:46

Strawberry corer
Herb scissors
Kenwood mixer and food processor and blender attachments

MadauntofA Sun 06-Mar-16 07:00:10

My rice cooker too - I forgot about that one. I can't make rice for toffee! The multichopper is a Lakeland one and yes, v easy to clean, just soak fir a few mins then rinse

Xmasbaby11 Sun 06-Mar-16 07:03:29

Breadmaker

Kmix

Espresso machine

Mini chopper

octopusrus Sun 06-Mar-16 07:24:03

Has anyone tried the Lakeland mashed potato thing? Looks a bit like a stick blender iirc. I hate making mash but I don't want to splurge on it if it's rubbish.

Love my rice cooker, just a cheap £16 one from Amazon but is seriously useful.

backinpurple Sun 06-Mar-16 08:11:58

rice cooker

bread maker

this cheap hand mixer for the very rare occasions when I bake. It saves me using up space on a full on kitchen aid and works really well.

Audreyhelp Sun 06-Mar-16 17:25:53

I hated my rice cooker it kept bubbling over and making a mess, I was so annoyed on the third use I threw it away.

echt Mon 07-Mar-16 07:35:16

DH does all the cooking in our house, but I can vouch for:

Japanese mandoline
Microwave steamer
Wok burner attachment on stove top

everyonesmom Mon 07-Mar-16 07:58:29

I love my mandolin, homemade coleslaw never tasted so good and for slicing potatoes it is perfect. £8 from garden centre, just watch your fingers though the blades are lethal.

BatmanLovesPeaceAndQuiet Mon 07-Mar-16 08:38:57

Boiled egg timer that you chuck in the saucepan - no more oogly whites envy
Zester
Wine stopper -a lovely Alessi one that my mum bought me; we've had it years and it still does a great job

LetMeBakeCake Mon 07-Mar-16 18:35:12

I've got lots of gadgets but my fave is my Kenwood triblade - it has lots of attachments you can do mash, you can use it as a chopper/mini processor, whisk and stick blender

mogloveseggs Mon 07-Mar-16 18:38:03

Toast tongs definitely

MrsWooster Mon 07-Mar-16 18:49:24

Weird inherited whisk thing, in classic 1970s plastic. A Google suggests it is a Rotary Action Push Whisk and it's ace.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now