Dishwasher question?- how much water normal in salt container and under filter

(4 Posts)
NomdePlumage Sun 14-Feb-16 20:39:09

I'm hoping those of you with dishwashers can help. I have a beko and never use salt as normally use 3 in 1 tablets. Bought wrong tablets recently wand was getting a buildup of limescale. Also notices a lot of "bits" in the machine and food residue on plates. I removed filter and it was clear as only recently cleaned but I had no screwed it back properly so I suspect dirty water was coming back into machine. Under the cylindrical filter there was a small pool of water. Is this normal? I felt into it and there didn't seem to be a blockage.

Is every drip of water supposed to drain if working properly?

Also I recently bought some salt to try to get rid of issues with limescale and opened salt container. This was full of water. Again not sure if normal as my instructions said salt should be added with a litre of water. Is water normally contained in this section after first use? THe salt light has gone off which suggests the machine is registering that I have put salt in correctly.

Also looked in rinse aid compartment and tried to work out how to add it and this too had small pool of water in and didn't seem to take more than a spoonful until it reached max line. Light is still on.

Please advise as I think if I were to phone customer services, I'm not sure if they would advise on this or simply suggest I speak to an engineer. I don't want to call one unnecessarily.

Since I screwed filter in more tightly and went back to 3 in 1 things have improved.

dementedpixie Sun 14-Feb-16 22:15:45

I think there is a little bit of water under the filter. There is definitely water in the salt compartment as when you pour salt in water comes out as it gets displaced. Isn't usually water in the rinse aid bit.

NomdePlumage Sun 14-Feb-16 22:35:33

Thanks for replying demented. That makes me feel a little better about things

wowfudge Sun 14-Feb-16 23:21:53

Sounds completely normal OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now