Synthetic pillows that aren't crap

(11 Posts)
Hangingbasket14 Fri 12-Feb-16 09:26:09

DD desperately needs some new pillows, they have gone totally flat after only a few months. She is only 4 so don't want to spend loads but happy to spend a bit more for something that lasts a while, does anyone have any recommendations?

MsMims Fri 12-Feb-16 19:10:17

Dorma forever full. Usually £20 for two at dunelm but they regularly have offers of 20% off. I wash mine then tumble dry with some tennis balls in the machine and they plump up quite well again.

SquidgeyMidgey Fri 12-Feb-16 22:35:56

I have a few dunelm hotel ones and they're pretty good but quite firm.

SmallGreenBouncyBall Fri 12-Feb-16 22:37:45

ikea hollow fibre. they have several thicknesses.
wash well

LexLoofah Sun 14-Feb-16 17:51:15

Why synthetic in particular? We love our wool ones

SmallGreenBouncyBall Sun 14-Feb-16 17:55:13

allergies?
my dc has asthma and we need to wash bedding frequently.

Hangingbasket14 Sun 14-Feb-16 18:16:05

We have feather but kids bedding needs the ability to be washed (frequently!)

SoMuchToBits Sun 14-Feb-16 18:53:13

I'm a great fan of Dunlopillo latex pillows. They are expensive, but last for years. I have had them ever since I was a child. My current one is years old, but still comfortable.

DrGoogleWillSeeYouNow Sun 14-Feb-16 18:55:31

I came on to say dunlopillow, someone beat me to it.

Expensive but worth every penny.

SoMuchToBits Sun 14-Feb-16 20:50:02

Aww, another Dunlopillo fan! smile

LexLoofah Mon 15-Feb-16 15:14:19

Sympathies on the asthma and allergies, I wasn't meaning to sound confrontational or anything just wondering if you had looked into wool as naturally good for those with allergies, eczema, asthma etc. We have waterproof covers on the kids ones just in case and just wash the cotton cases if we need to. Anyway hope you get sorted with what you need

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now