Carpet Sweeper that actually picks stuff up

(8 Posts)
FawnDrench Wed 10-Feb-16 14:44:34

Has anyone got such a thing?
Does it even exist?

Yes I know vacuuming is best and obviously more effective, but I wondered if anybody could recommend a carpet sweeper that really works.

Thanks.

landoflostcontent Wed 10-Feb-16 15:01:00

I have a Hoky carpet sweeper. Have had it ages so can't remember where I got it and I know it wasn't the cheapest but it works brilliantly on all floor surfaces.

rabbit123 Wed 10-Feb-16 18:23:56

The problem with sweepers is that they're just that. They sweep and don't suck, so no good for dust.

The Gtech rechargeable sweepers are ok for picking up crumbs but don't expect miracles

ouchmyfanjo Thu 11-Feb-16 23:01:26

I've got a bosses and it's great. Picks up bits off kitchen floor and is good to quickly go over carpets when 8 don't have time t8 get vacuum out or don't want t8 wake children with it in the evening.
Got it from argos a couple of years ago for about £20 I think.

ICanSoDoThis Fri 12-Feb-16 11:41:26

I have a GTech sweeper and its the best thing ever! I have 2 kids one year apart and and was having to vacuum 7 times a day. I bought this and it has made me happy! It's not going to pick up dudt from your carpet but it will pick up all crumbs and fluff etc you have. Buy it. You will not be disappointed. I only vacuum once a day now to suck the dust.

UsernameIncorrect Fri 12-Feb-16 11:45:47

I used to sell them and we'd get people coming in with 20 year old Ewbanks to get new rubber rollers for them. They're great. Get the most expensive model you can.

UsernameIncorrect Fri 12-Feb-16 11:47:54

I used one of these for years. Was fab.
www.amazon.co.uk/Leifheit-Rotaro-Small-Deluxe-Sweeper/dp/B0002AE2FC/ref=sr_1_20?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1455277585&sr=1-20&keywords=ewbank+carpet+sweeper

MarwoodsTrenchcoat Thu 04-Aug-16 10:49:55

Do carpet sweepers still have sharp edges on the underside?

My mum had an old one from the 70s or earlier and when I was a kid I was scared of cleaning and emptying it because of the risk of getting cut on the edges.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now