share your tips on cleaning a dishwasher

(12 Posts)
Mrsderekshepard Fri 05-Feb-16 11:58:17

My glasses keep coming out dirtier then when they go in. I clean the filter regularly keep the rinse aid and salt topped up, what am I doing wrong???

HelpfulChap Fri 05-Feb-16 12:00:28

Buy one of those Finish dishwasher cleaning bottles. Stick it in the cutlery basket, run it through a cycle. Voila. Good as new.

VocationalGoat Fri 05-Feb-16 12:01:00

Distilled vinegar in the rinse, every single time.

Mrsderekshepard Fri 05-Feb-16 12:08:16

Instead of rinse aid?

HelpfulChap Fri 05-Feb-16 12:09:58

Yes. Different product. They are in every supermarket.

dementedpixie Fri 05-Feb-16 16:31:18

Have you taken the arms off to see if anything is trapped in them? Run a dishwasher cleaner through it.

liinyo Fri 05-Feb-16 18:00:11

Have you changed your brand of tablet recently? I was using the Costco Kirkland brand and was on the verge of buying a new dishwasher as the performance was so poor. Luckily the penny dropped before I ordered it and I tried a more high end brand of tablet. Perfect results after that. I still have the remains of the massive Costco tub and use them (2 at a time) for very light loads.

I

Mrsderekshepard Fri 05-Feb-16 20:55:18

I use finish Tablets, would it be worth trying a different brand?

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Fri 05-Feb-16 21:00:20

I use the fairy ones....£7.99 for a giant bag load in HomeBargains.

I used to love the lidl powder back in the day, but ime apart from that one, the basic ranges are really not up to the job

Do take the whirly arms off though, give them a thorough poking and rinsing and see if that improves things. Sometimes they clip on and sometimes they screw off, but they screw and unscrew the opposite way to normal.

BikeRunSki Fri 05-Feb-16 21:05:15

We have very soft water and the cheaper the tablet the better!

Have you run a very hot wash with your dishwasher empty?

LizardBreath Fri 05-Feb-16 21:14:15

I second the cleaning thingy, but also we used finish in new dishwasher and it was awful! As Soi. As switched to fairy everything's coming up lovely again! Always think finish is a but chalky?

LizardBreath Fri 05-Feb-16 21:14:50

Jeez. Sorry about spelling!

*as soon as

*bit chalky

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now