Essential oils- recommendations for good but not madly expensive brands?

(6 Posts)
DreamingOfThruxtons Wed 03-Feb-16 11:30:45

I have recently acquired a couple of room diffusers and am also planning to make up a couple of spritz bottles to put in my hospital bag for when I go into labour.

I usually just buy stuff off Amazon, but there are so many different brands on there with such wildly differing prices I can't make my mind up. I went into a local herbalist yesterday, and just one of the oils I wanted (Geranium, although they offered me the supposedly 'cheaper' Rose Geranium) was going to be about £15 for a 10ml bottle! Slightly over budget...

I'd like to be able to make up some candles as well, so if I'm going to start buying oils regularly, it would be great to get a recommendation- whether for a particular website or a brand/supplier on Amazon.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance! grin

DreamingOfThruxtons Wed 03-Feb-16 13:18:21

Bump!

didireallysaythat Wed 03-Feb-16 22:27:23

Have a look at mother nature's goodies on eBay. I bought some of their lavender oil with caution because it seemed too cheap and it was great. Currently enjoying their sleep east mix.

I also bought a knock off of Jo Malone's lime basil mix in oil form from ebay for a room diffuser and while its not quite the real thing it was about £5 instead of £50- 70, and really I can't justify spending more on a non essential.

didireallysaythat Wed 03-Feb-16 22:28:09

I think they sell via Amazon too...

Follyfoot Wed 03-Feb-16 22:32:52

I buy essential oils from Naissance here

didireallysaythat Wed 03-Feb-16 22:44:21

Good timing OP as I wanted to order more but had forgotten. £1.79 for 10ml lavender seems crazy... Can't be proper but smells fine to me

mothernaturesgoodies.co.uk/en/essential-oils-h-p/1073-lavender-essential-oil-lavendula-augustifolia.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now