Click clack style sofa bed

(19 Posts)
Andcake Sun 24-Jan-16 08:32:49

Just wondered if anyone had tried any of these - were these comfy as a bed or as a sofa or neither something like this
www.next.co.uk/homeware/sofas-chairs/finnley/size-occasional-sofa-bed-large-(2-people)
Or I think made do them

UsedToBeAPaxmanFan Sun 24-Jan-16 16:12:56

I dont know about the Next one but a friend has a similar one from John Lewis, from their House range, which is really comfortable as a bed.

mehbridezilla Sun 24-Jan-16 16:16:14

We have a pull out style sofa bed from Next, the type with a bed frame and mattress under the cushions, and everyone warned us it'd be rubbish as a sofa and even worse as a bed. They were wrong, it's fab and we wouldn't be without it. I end up sleeping on it far too often as Inhave terrible insomnia and don't want to keep eh awake. I don't know about the style of one in your link, but we've been really pleased with our Next one.

Andcake Sun 24-Jan-16 17:35:18

That's good to hear ... I have heard good things about next furniture

EarSlaps Sun 24-Jan-16 21:58:01

We looked at click clack sofa beds but couldn't find one we were happy with. We didn't want a pull out one as it wouldn't have fitted the room well.

In the end we went for an IKEA one where you fold the back down and pull the seat bit out to make the bed. It has storage under for bedding and is really comfy as a sofa and bed.

We love it.

Andcake Sun 24-Jan-16 22:23:03

That's I was looking at that idea one but that funny tab at the front put me off looked less stylish than I was hoping ... What does it look like in the flesh

EarSlaps Thu 28-Jan-16 14:01:04

Sorry just saw this.

IMO it looks great in the flesh. The tab is a bit annoying but you need it to pull out the bed. TBH you don't really notice it unless you are on the ground. I'll get a pic.

EarSlaps Thu 28-Jan-16 14:04:34

Here's a quick picture of it.

PrimalLass Thu 28-Jan-16 14:16:08

We have the IKEA Beddinge sofa bed. It is comfy to sleep on but not to sit on.

Seeyounearertime Thu 28-Jan-16 16:26:14

Earslaps
do you have that sofa in your living room as your main sofa type sofa?

is it good as a sofa type sofa? we're looking for something everyday but convertable once or twice a year iyswim? grin

EarSlaps Thu 28-Jan-16 16:44:44

No, it's in our spare room (my dh uses it for reading when he works at home) but it is really comfy as a sofa. It feels pretty good, like it would wear well and the foam on the seats is firm enough.

We're thinking of getting one for the playroom too when the boys are bigger and don't need so much toy storage so they've got a second sitting room to have friends round.

Seeyounearertime Thu 28-Jan-16 16:55:24

thanks for the reply Earslaps, it's a definite possibility, it looks just like what i want smile

EarSlaps Thu 28-Jan-16 17:30:30

We figured that it was well under half the price of any other sofa bed we liked (we wanted a decent sized bed; so many were too short or too narrow), so if it doesn't last that long it's not too bad.

I'd say the back cushions could do with being a bit plumper if using for everyday, but that could be sorted fairly easily. The fabric feels like it will wear pretty well.

Seeyounearertime Thu 28-Jan-16 17:45:43

it's a darned good price for a 3 seat and a sofa bed tbh.
I do love a day out at IKEA too.. win win smile

EarSlaps Thu 28-Jan-16 17:59:42

It's a huge package and really heavy so I recommend delivery. £25 and they took it upstairs too (had to take it out of the pack for that). It feels really nice and solid.

Seeyounearertime Thu 28-Jan-16 18:08:33

did they get it through the doors okay?
last sofa we had we had to take the windows out to get it in. shock

I know IKEA is famous for flatp packing but do they flat pack sofas too ?

Andcake Thu 28-Jan-16 19:00:11

Sorry if been away thanks for the photo - it does look really good!
Ours is for our basement room do not the main living room but we want to use it as a separate no toys area as well as a guest bedroom

EarSlaps Thu 28-Jan-16 22:13:34

Yes it was flat packed! Dh put it together and said it was a pita but he has an aversion to instructions grin. It was the base bit and the sides separate and had to be attached together I think.

Got through the door ok but it was getting it around the bend in the stairs that was difficult. Think it might have to be lowered from the balcony if we move!

Seeyounearertime Thu 28-Jan-16 22:20:26

thank you kindly Earslaps smile
actually a big help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now