How do you vacuum..?

(9 Posts)
chumbler Fri 15-Jan-16 22:34:13

I feel so daft asking this but we have a miele cat and dog, I assumed carpets would be spotless but they're not. What am I doing wrong?! We have 80% and 100% wool carpets, a normal cheapie thick carpet and some textured woven rugs. The miele is missing picking up little bits and i hoped it would pick up cotton wool stuck in the carpet too but it isn't. Bag is a proper miele bag, not full, we use it on full power (carpet mode) or rug mode. Also should the air thing on the handle be open or shut?! We have it shut. Thank you!!

FighterPilotsThumbs Fri 15-Jan-16 22:36:52

I have a Cat + Dong too. I keep the air hole closed, it definitely sucks better with it closed. Have you checked for blockages and/or changed the filter?

I don't use any of the heads when I do the rugs, just the tube bit iyswim. And I really give it lots of welly, no bits left after that.

FighterPilotsThumbs Fri 15-Jan-16 22:38:40

Dog!!! Cat and DOG!

Oy.

LMGTFY Fri 15-Jan-16 22:44:01

We have a Dyson animal and when the filters are clean and the cylinder is empty it'll pick up anything. The miele is meant to be better so something sounds off.

rabbit123 Fri 15-Jan-16 23:52:08

Are you using the right floor head? The Miele Cat & Dog comes with a suction only head for hard floors & light rugs and a turbo brush for carpets. Try using the turbo brush with the air release on the brush and tubes closed, and the "everyday" suction setting (the little icon with the ear next to it)

chumbler Sat 16-Jan-16 03:59:07

Oooh thanks everyone!! Does it have a switch to swap between hard floods and carpets? How do you know which one is on?! And how often should I change the filter?

chumbler Sat 16-Jan-16 04:07:51

rabbit I thought the icon next to the ear is for rugs?? (Going up from the ear?)

I have this one m.miele.co.uk/domestic/vacuum-cleaners-1784.htm?mat=10155280&name=Complete_C3_Cat&Dog_PowerLine_-_SGEE1

chumbler Sat 16-Jan-16 04:14:58

Oh gosh I get it now, @rabbit

blush

Thank all!! How often shall I chsnge the filter then? I'm not sure if I already changed it? I cut out a new piece of the soft foamy polystyrene thing and swapped them?

rabbit123 Sat 16-Jan-16 11:30:35

The cat & dog has 2 filters. One behind the bag and one on top. The one behind the bag needs to be replaced everytime you open a new pack of bags - the bags come with the filter to do this. The one on top needs replacing once a year and you can buy them on the Miele website.

The ear setting is for "everyday vacuuming". You shouldn't ever really need to go above that with the turbo brush attached

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now