help!! need housework routine - starting working 5 days

(5 Posts)
Frozentinkerbelle1 Mon 11-Jan-16 06:47:05

Hi

I am after some tips!!

I start a new job next week working short 5 hour days but over 5 days. I used to work 3 days,

I struggle cos my dh works on a Saturday. We have a 5yr old and a 2 year old. Want to have bit of family time on a Sunday. I cannot get anything done when my 2 year old is around. He is a whirlwind and causes destruction behind him!!

Any tips would be greatfully received

Xx

Heirhelp Mon 11-Jan-16 06:51:15

First thing you need to do is sit down with your DH and divide the jobs in half. If you DH is going to have a child free day then think about the jobs which are easier to do without a child around.

Alicewasinwonderland Mon 11-Jan-16 15:31:36

yes Heirhelp, let's make it fair...

OP works 25 hours a week, and her husband presumably full time (40 hours + in this country?), so divide the jobs in half because that's fair. Give me strength. hmm

OP, is the 2 yo always with you when you are not at work?
You should still be able to hoover at least. I do everything with mine, they are used to it, and they "help" sometimes, or play somewhere else when they dont' like the noise. It's easy, but just takes longer.

I'd say to do a bit every day, keep the kitchen clean and bathroom daily, tidy up 30 minutes every evening is easy, hoover every couple of days. Job done!

Heirhelp Mon 11-Jan-16 17:23:32

Aplogies I originally read your email was moving from working three to five days a week. That will teach me not to post at breakfast time!

Frozentinkerbelle1 Tue 12-Jan-16 07:58:26

Hi

My husband works full time in uk - long hours and long commute. Usually tired when home from work.

I do have both kids with me on Saturdays. I can do the chores of eldest is about but need to watch youngest. He won't just play - he needs constant watching as yesterday I was making a drink and turned around and he had climbed onto dining table too close to breakable objects. He is also a v messy player - plays with something s max of 4 mins!!

It's going to be tough until he gets a bit older!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now