Kids Bedding !

(6 Posts)
primitivemom Fri 08-Jan-16 16:18:20

Hi everyone {smile} I'm looking for advice regarding kids bedding. Dds currently have duvets on their beds and they drive me insane! Duvet gets lost in the covers, they look very messy and the dds kick them off in the night. Our house is not cold at all even in winter and I am thinking throws and blankets when I redecorate their room at Easter. What's the best way to go? Blankets, throws or new duvets? What do your ds have?

FrancisdeSales Fri 08-Jan-16 21:10:31

I much prefer duvets. I find some are designed much better than others for example have more separate squares of fill so they stay flat and don't bunch up. Also some duvet covers have ties inside so you can tie the duvet cover to each corner of the duvet and that helps. Duvets are just cozier and ensure a good nights sleep in my house.

Iwanttokillthem Fri 08-Jan-16 21:23:02

We have these straps that grip the duvet& cover together so that the whole ensemble stays in one place.

It doesnt come off during the night even through the most restless night. Making the bed takes just a simple flick .

primitivemom Sat 09-Jan-16 22:37:19

Hi , thank you for replies. Really useful, going to have a look.

OliviaDunham Sun 10-Jan-16 15:21:48

I find with duvets it depends on the material of the cover you put on them, my DSs have a set each that will not stay in place and every morning the duvet is in a ball at the bottom of the cover, the material is very shiny. Cotton ones seem to stay in place.

FrancisdeSales Mon 11-Jan-16 06:26:36

My favorite cotton for duvet covers is seersucker as it never needs ironing and looks great straight out of the wash.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now