Heat pump tumble dryers - are they worth the extra money?

(4 Posts)
Whatdoiknow31 Sun 03-Jan-16 20:45:50

Our tumble dryer is on its way out (has been for a while)

Looking at these heat pump ones, supposed to be A+++ rated, are they worth the extra?

I know it's relative to how much you use it, but do you have one? What's your experience? Good / bad points? Recommendations

WellyMummy Sun 03-Jan-16 21:26:13

I had a new TD in the autumn. I bought a condenser again as the woman in the local independent store said that heat pump technology was a good idea but not sufficiently sophisticated yet. I went with her recommendation and it's great.

rabbit123 Mon 04-Jan-16 12:53:55

The man who runs our local appliance shop told me that, for the price difference, it would take 7 years of use before we noticed any saving in electricity, but the plus side of heat pumps is that they don't get as hot as regular dryers so you can dry anything in them with no shrinking or stretching

Whatdoiknow31 Wed 06-Jan-16 22:46:10

Oops totally forgot I asked this question - thanks for the replies and sorry for not replying sooner!

Hmm interesting, you have both given me things to think about. Love the idea of less energy usage (obs) but tumble dryer is in the utility room, which turns into a little hot house when it's on - perfect for drying my clothes on the horse as mine are the only ones that shrink, especially at Christmas Ahem *blush

Fingers crossed ours lives for a bit longer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now