Cordless Vacuums

(5 Posts)
yetanotherdeskmove Wed 30-Dec-15 15:46:46

I currently have the Dyson DC44 and have tbh been pretty disappointed with it. It's fine on carpet (which we have upstairs) but downstairs is all wood flooring and I don't find it picks up bigger crumbs, cat litter, etc well at all (we have 2 cats and 2 small dc so plenty of food and other unidentified stuff to be found on our floors!!). However I really like the cordless aspect and ease of use and so I find I do actually use it more often than my old henry which was so heavy to lug about.

Would a Gtech Air Ram or the Bosch cordless be better for these or will I have to go back to "proper" vacuum?

Boozena Wed 30-Dec-15 16:05:38

I sometimes use the gtech one at work and it's not great for deep cleaning- picks up bits of pet hair and is better on hard floors IMO but I tend to use the plug in vac most. It also doesnt get close enough to the edges! I think they use it for "in between" cleans ie. In between my visits (am a pt cleaner).

yetanotherdeskmove Wed 30-Dec-15 16:24:03

I have no concept of deep cleaning so that wouldn't bother me grin but the edges thing would, thanks!

Boozena Wed 30-Dec-15 20:39:36

Ha I can relate re deep cleaning at home but what I mean is say you've got crumbs/hair on carpet and it's been walked over a few times. The cordless, even though it has brushes, doesn't seem to get in the fibres of the carpet properly to suck them up. That's why I think it's better on hard floors too. The edges thing is really annoying too, especially in the kitchen. If I could I'd have one for a second vac but not as my main one.

yetanotherdeskmove Thu 31-Dec-15 10:03:29

Ah I see what you mean smile maybe I'll need to go back to a proper vac after all then, which is a shame as I really like the fact that these take up hardly any room - my house is not blessed with much storage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now