Getting stains out of white polo shirts.

(9 Posts)
DeathMetalMum Wed 16-Dec-15 15:24:47

A few of dd's shirts have got some stains on them (mostly tomato based pasta sauces) and I'm struggling to get rid of them she has eczema so I prefer a pre-treatment rather than in the machine itself.

I usually rely on line drying and the sun, but we don't seem to have many opportunities for that at the moment!

dementedpixie Wed 16-Dec-15 16:54:08

I normally rub washing up liquid into the stain before washing. Those laundry soap bars are normally quite good too. Give a scrub with a little water and whatever pre treatment you use. I use bio powder too as the enzymes help remove stains plus powders contain bleaches that also help

BoffinMum Wed 16-Dec-15 23:05:19

The easiest way is to buy a cheap bottle of thin bleach and follow the dilution instructions on the bottle, soaking the polo shirts overnight, and then put them through a hot wash with non-bio powder and an extra rinse cycle to make sure everything is rinsed out. DD has eczema and this used to work for hers.

rabbit123 Thu 17-Dec-15 00:28:29

As much as eczema sufferers won't like this, biological washing powder will help. It has protease in it which will break down the stain. One option is to wash or pre-soak in bio and then wash as normal with your normal detergent.

HomeandAbout Fri 18-Dec-15 14:46:46

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

P1nkP0ppy Fri 18-Dec-15 15:28:50

Stain Devils are brilliant for getting virtually any stain out.
Try Vanish?

CMOTDibbler Fri 18-Dec-15 15:33:50

A good soak in Napisan will bring them up beautifully

MrsMook Tue 22-Dec-15 17:34:39

The washing line will work if you're very patient!

willfuckformichilenstarfood Fri 25-Dec-15 00:32:34

Just use a cotton bud with diluted bleach on the stain itself. This is what I do with DH as he is messier than DD grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now