Roomba or similar robot vacuum

(7 Posts)
peppansalt Mon 12-Oct-15 12:42:41

Does anyone have one and do you rate it. We have large rooms tiled or with wooden floor and I'm sick of constantly lugging around my Henry Hoover to get rid of dog hair. Love the thought of just letting a robot do its thing.

Am really wary of spending loads of money though on a gimmick that doesn't really do the job. Was looking at a Roomba 620 for about £230.

peppansalt Tue 13-Oct-15 12:54:27

Bump

2madboys Tue 13-Oct-15 13:34:29

We've recently got one of these: Botvac. It's brilliant! Can't compare it to any others as it's the first we've had, but as it's square at the front, I would imagine it would go into corners much better than a Roomba. As it's so easy, three times a week, I lift a few things out of the way and set it going when I leave for work. Previously I would never have vacuumed three times a week, so the house is generally much cleaner. I just need to teach it to do the stairs and the ironing and then it'll be perfect wink

FrostNixon Thu 15-Oct-15 10:09:04

We have the 780. They do a great job.

I'll be buying a second one soon so I can do two rooms at once.
Hard floors, wool carpets, wooden floors. It does a great job.

You should get one.

didireallysaythat Fri 16-Oct-15 22:34:19

We bought a 770 off eBay. Love it. Can't imagine life without it (OK, I may be exaggerating a little...)

traviata Sat 17-Oct-15 22:53:25

another Botvac lover here.

Drawbacks; the dirt box is fairly small, I find it has to be emptied after every room (maybe my rooms are extra dirty); the rotating brush gets tangled with hair, but it's easy to clean; it needs charging after about 2 rooms, and takes a couple of hours to charge; you have to buy new filters, it doesn't have a washable filter.

Advantages; it does a very good job and gets loads of dust up; it just gets on and does it while you go off elsewhere; it is mega cute, beeping and bumbling about.

I am also thinking of getting another one.

Whatdoiknow31 Sun 18-Oct-15 10:06:37

We have/had a Roomba, loved it whilst it worked, although was forever having to empty it and clean the brushes (hairy dog) so not really a 'leave and go' sort of thing.

Now have the Dyson handheld and find it much better, even though I have to do it myself. The Roomba used to take about an hour to clean two rooms, I'm done in about 10mins with the dyson.

I normally hate Dysons, preferring Meile, but really quite impressed with this little thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now