What are these bleach like stains on my clothes? (Pics)

(6 Posts)
cakedup Fri 02-Oct-15 23:54:53

I washed a load of black clothes earlier, including my black joggers which I've washed before with no problems. But they've turned out with these off colour pinky patches on, almost like bleach stains. I quite often get these on my pjs for some reason.

Anyone else get them? What are they?!

OldCrowMedicineShow Sat 03-Oct-15 00:04:47

Lurking here to find out as the very sweatshirt I'm wearing has exactly the same marks. I'm using Ariel powder (having changed from Ariel liquid). None of the other clothes were affected just my favourite sweatshirt.

cakedup Sat 03-Oct-15 00:11:23

I'm using Fairy (non-bio) but I'm sure it's happened when I've used Tesco's own non bio. Bloody annoying isn't it.

wowfudge Sat 03-Oct-15 10:12:04

Did you put the powder in the drawer or the drum? If it was in the drum is it possible the powder wasn't diluted sufficiently before it was in contact with the sweater, same with the pjs?

PigletJohn Sat 03-Oct-15 15:49:56

sometimes you get bleach stains if you press up against e.g. a sink that has been wiped with it.

cakedup Sat 03-Oct-15 23:28:12

wowfudge I put the powder in the drawer.

PigletJohn I only ever use bleach down the toilet. However, you might have touched on somthing there...because I always do my housework in my pjs so I'm wondering if I'm using something else that has bleach in it or something similar that would stain. Although...the stains on the pjs are often on the chest/shoulder area so that doesn't make sense. Last time I wore my joggers I was cleaning something and used a lot of disinfectant floor wipes. I was sitting on the floor and may have rested the wipes on my lap - exactly where the stained area is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now