Inside of track pants/joggers gone hard

(6 Posts)
CiderwithBuda Fri 24-Jul-15 08:30:46

And I have had an official complaint from 13 year old DS about my laundry capabilities!

So other than the obvious "do your own washing" what can I do?

Re-washed them last night and put through tumble dryer - normally air dry - but still the same.

They are basic thick jogging pants and shirts - mainly Hollister so not cheap.

Vinegar?
Soda crystals?
Cold wash?

Anyone managed to restore softness?

PigletJohn Fri 24-Jul-15 11:09:53

Possibly it is an accumulation of soap deposits.

Put them through the hottest wash on the clothing label, with no powder and no fabsoft. Add half a cup of washing soda crystals if you have them.

If the water in the machine goes grey and foams up, that's old soap dissolving. Some of it may be soap sludge in the machine, especially if you do mostly low temp washes.

CiderwithBuda Fri 24-Jul-15 11:23:30

Thanks PigletJohn. You really are the oracle!

Have been washing at 40 but just checked labels and they recommend cold wash or 30. I put them through again on a cold wash with soda crystals and vinegar. They are in the dryer again now.

I wash clothes at 40 but bedding and towels at 60 and do an empty 90 degree cycle every four weeks or so. Machine is pretty clean I think.

PolterGoose Fri 24-Jul-15 15:08:05

Are you washing them inside out?

CiderwithBuda Fri 24-Jul-15 16:54:56

No. Should I?

PolterGoose Fri 24-Jul-15 17:06:38

It might help, I wash and dry everything inside out and have never had a problem with ds's joggers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now