Handwashing bras

(6 Posts)
HughRune Wed 01-Jul-15 14:02:21

Is there a knack to handwashing bras? After the washing machine mangled several of mine I've taken to handwashing but all my white ones are greying more than they ever did in the washing machine. I've used Glowhite and Vanish white powders but it's not having a great affect on preventing greying.

AnythingNotEverything Wed 01-Jul-15 14:12:24

I get round this by not buying white bras - nude colour and black go under everything and don't discolour.

AMcoffeeLover Wed 01-Jul-15 14:15:23

Vanish then a day hanging in the sun always works for mine

wowfudge Thu 02-Jul-15 23:50:41

I put bras and delicates likes tights in zip up mesh laundry bags that then go in the machine. Nothing gets tangled up or mangled. I think the trick with bras is not to dry them in the tumble dryer.

TheyreMadITellYouMaaaad Thu 02-Jul-15 23:56:37

I never hand wash my bras. Always put them in a lingerie bag and chuck in with the rest of the load. Never with heavy stuff like towels, trainers or jeans. Always at 40C or less, and never on a cycle with top speed spin. Never had any problems. No damaged wires.

Also never buy white bras. Nude or black.

Qwebec Fri 03-Jul-15 03:15:59

Have not baught white bras for this reason for years. I have a mesh bags. Unfortunatly the underwire eventualy changes shape and digs in my skin (even the v v expensive bras). Now I only buy soft bras that are exactly like regular bras. They keep their shape, as sexy as regular bras, support me and incredibly comfortable. Can't even go back.

it's this
www.barenecessities.com/warners-secret-makeover-wire-free-lift-bra-1281p_product.htm?pf_id=Warners1281P&search=

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now