Washing machine smelling a bit funky

(8 Posts)
WhereAreMyDragons Mon 29-Jun-15 08:24:31

So it'd taken out the drawer, bleached it, cleaned the inside of the drawer and bleached the inside of the rubber seal.....anything else I can do?

WhereAreMyDragons Mon 29-Jun-15 08:24:43

*I've

Schoolaroundthecorner Mon 29-Jun-15 08:25:14

Run it empty on the hottest wash. Works for me.

girlandboy Mon 29-Jun-15 08:33:30

I dumped a cup full of white vinegar in mine and then ran it on its hottest wash. Worked a treat!

WhereAreMyDragons Mon 29-Jun-15 09:00:04

I did the vinegar thing last week on a 90 wash and that seemed to make it smell funny. Could it just have dislodged some of the gunk but not cleaned it properly ?

girlandboy Mon 29-Jun-15 10:33:29

It could have done I suppose. Do another 90 wash but with washing powder/liquid in this time and see how it is. It might just clear out any remaining gunk if there is any.
I know that on my old washer there was another "crease" on the front door seal that I didn't spot for ages, and this was full of gunk. Bleached white gunk! I'd bleached it, but it was still stuck. I stuck my finger in and cleared it out by hand - yuck.

EvaBee Mon 29-Jun-15 10:35:39

I think I'd rather like a funky smelling washing machine

shiteforbrains Mon 29-Jun-15 10:50:41

I have just had to buy a new one because no amount of cleaning or flushing it worked, then it started leaving crap all over the washing and refusing to drain. I will try and treat the new one with a bit more respect. Last one had to deal with husband's work clothes after working with lime plaster on a building site for 6 months and my clothes after taking our new house back to bare brick so not surprised it shat itself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now