changing the water filter in a built in water filter tap

(6 Posts)
lighteningmcmama Sat 27-Jun-15 21:47:08

Hello

We have a built in water filter in our kitchen sink that has never been used. I would like to change the water filter cartridge and start using it. How do I do this?? I have tried you tube, but none of the videos look like mine. The text on the label of the current v old cartridge has faded so I can't get a model no to search for.

Mine has a circular thing which is to help remove the cartridge but I can't figure out how, and there are screws attaching the cartridge to the side of the cupboard, I can't figure out if I'm supposed to unscrew it which seems more complicated than it should be!

Does anyone on here know about older built in taps (this is about 10 years old, and had never been used)? Or maybe I could post a pic of it?

PigletJohn Sun 28-Jun-15 09:13:14

Post a pic.

I expect it has plastic tubes at each end, about a quarter of an inch thick.

Look for the stopcock on the supply and verify that you can turn it on and off.

PigletJohn Sun 28-Jun-15 16:57:16

I found the correspondence from when I fitted the modern type of filter to the water-cooler in my commercial premises. It has a push-fit connector for the small plastic pipes, if you have them. Anyway, try this supplier who explained how to do it and has a wide stock.

www.waterfilterman.co.uk/376-thickbox/bq-aquashield-2000712-water-filter-compatible-replacement-cartridge.jpg

lighteningmcmama Sun 28-Jun-15 18:42:32

Hi there

Thanks for your reply!

this is the water filter and also a pic of a tool it came with

I've found the stop cock.

I will take a look at your link

Thanks!

PigletJohn Sun 28-Jun-15 20:25:40

not the same type, but email that pic to the supplier and I expect he knows it.

He explained how to convert mine from screw-on connectors to push-on

lighteningmcmama Sun 28-Jun-15 21:22:08

Ok I'll do that, thank you so much pigletjohnsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now