Idiots Guide to housekeeping

(7 Posts)
ohhello Thu 25-Jun-15 19:35:35

I'm looking for a book which guides on how to organise and manage a family home, doing laundry well, meal planning, generally getting your shit together grin
any recommendations?

woowoo22 Thu 25-Jun-15 22:13:15

Have you tried looking at blogs? A Slob Comes Clean, Clean Mama and that sort of thing. And youtube smile

4kidsandaunicorn Fri 26-Jun-15 13:15:21

Fly lady was always quite good/popular.

Marie Kondo is also good telling you how not to have too much stuff, after the big clear out its easier to be super organised and tidy.

There are also a couple of long term threads on here about being really organised.

mrsmeerkat Sat 27-Jun-15 01:20:34

Not a book but I love anthea turners dvds perfect housewife. Great ideas

Totally agree with just raiding out though

ISaySteadyOn Sun 28-Jun-15 18:09:53

Me too, ohhello. Frankly, I think what I need is an old-fashioned Home Economics course.

WhoisLucasHood Sun 28-Jun-15 20:10:01

I bought tons of these when we bought our first home. My fav is Flylady tbh but I also dip into the family manager survival guide, that lady does love a list.

PosterEh Wed 01-Jul-15 09:10:37

There is a mumsnetter who wrote a kindle book about this called "Austerity housekeeping" which I bought when it was on sale. I remember thinking it was quite good but I can't break my slatternly ways sadly do haven't put into practice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now