Has this happened to anyone else?

(4 Posts)
runner2 Tue 16-Jun-15 16:51:57

We've just had a new brushed steel and glass Caple chimney hood/extractor fitted and within 2 weeks the transfers on the control panel, indicating the different functions of the buttons, have rubbed off. All I have used for cleaning finger marks is baby oil and a soft cloth. I know it's only a cosmetic thing really but I'm really annoyed. The company claim this hasn't happened before and said I must have used an inappropriate cleaning agent and/or something abrasive - which I absolutely haven't! Any thoughts, anyone? hmm

wowfudge Tue 16-Jun-15 22:31:27

Oils can do the same thing - a colleague who uses handcream frequently removed most of the letters on her keyboard over a couple of months!

SophieHatters Thu 18-Jun-15 06:25:34

Oh. Well it happened to my old Hoover washing machine, the writing all came off the panel - I didn't clean it at all, ahem - they refused to do anything saying that you were only meant to operate it with dry hands...bit unhelpful really considering it was a washing machine hmm

bostonbaby Thu 18-Jun-15 21:16:59

Yes oil will definitely rub it off

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now